Where to apply?? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
sgp_lycee

New

Where to apply??

Post by sgp_lycee » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 am

I'm in the process of making list of where to apply and I'm just not sure what my chances are at any of them. I've looked at LS predictor, but I also know that with URMs there are variables. And looking through the forums, I feel like its wild card when it comes to URM acceptances. If anyone would like to give some advice it would be very much appreciated.

AA female/ 2.9/ 155 (I'm retaking soon, so I hope to push it up a couple of points)

softs: 3 yrs w/e abroad as a high school teacher, 1 yr teaching in US in low ses community

PS: My topic (as of right now) is about an ethical issue I had to face as a teacher

DS: My topic is about living, working, understanding in a country that has a homogeneous population. (I've written and re-written this, but I'm not really sure if I should make this my DS, I could also talk about my upbringing but reading the other DSs on here, I'm not sure it would really stick out)

I would like to stay in TX with UT/SMU/UH but I just don't know if I could with my scores. And I would really like to practice in Texas or the mid-Atlantic region.

I just don't know, can I get into a top 100 with my scores? What range should I realistically be aiming for? Again, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ShuckingNotJiving

Bronze

Re: Where to apply??

Post by ShuckingNotJiving » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:43 pm

If you can score a 160+ your options will be greater.

Because of your significant w/e, I would guess somewhere in the Top 30 might give you an acceptance. Anyone feel free to chime in and tell me I'm wrong.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”