Not writing DS= Death sentence for URM? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
bk1

Diamond

Re: Not writing DS= Death sentence for URM?

Post by bk1 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:58 pm

miamiman wrote:It varies, school-by-school, case-by-case.
Do you know of any cases specifically?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:06 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
bk187 wrote:This is unrelated to the OP's situation, but shouldn't it be noted that certain schools do not differentiate between different Hispanics and thus PR/MX cannot expect a normal URM boost unless they talk about it in their DS?
I've wondered about this. Do those schools not give a URM boost to any Hispanics, or do they give one to all of them? I have yet to figure out a clear answer to that question.
Ironically enough I think I stumbled upon the answer while updating my LSAC account's address. Under the ethnicity portion there is a box to checkmark whether you want to send this information to law schools or not. This pretty much answers my question.

DavidYurman85

Bronze

Post by DavidYurman85 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:00 am

don't force the ds.

if you can cover ds content in your ps and still demonstrate why you're going to law school, then i wouldn't write a ds.

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Nightrunner wrote:Hold on; two of our most successful URM applicants didn't write Diversity Statements?

:shock:
LOL...Vanwinkle and I are just that sexy <3

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”