Best CD Lectures Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
APHill

Bronze

Best CD Lectures

Post by APHill » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:52 am

What the the best, most comprehensive lectures on CD for 1L courses?

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Re: Best CD Lectures

Post by TheBigMediocre » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:00 am

A friend gave me the Sum & Substance series of audio lectures and they've been kind of hit-or-miss. Arthur Miller's on Civil Procedure is the bomb (although a little dated) whereas the one on contracts is very so-so.

Tenth Usher

New

Post by Tenth Usher » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:21 am

Are you looking to get an intro/overview of the subject, or a cross-ref source for the semester? I've seen the S&S series and thought about trying one out, but I'm skeptical regarding how helpful they are. BigM, what's your take since you've listened to a few?

APHill

Bronze

Post by APHill » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:31 am

Tenth Usher wrote:Are you looking to get an intro/overview of the subject, or a cross-ref source for the semester? I've seen the S&S series and thought about trying one out, but I'm skeptical regarding how helpful they are. BigM, what's your take since you've listened to a few?
Cross-ref source - kind of like complete set of recorded semester lectures if possible (4*12=60 hours or so). Thanks.

DelDad

Bronze

Post by DelDad » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 am

Edit: Oops, 1L courses - I'll look back to see the ones I thought were good. No one series was uniformly the best.

TheBigMediocre

Silver

Post by TheBigMediocre » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

Tenth Usher wrote:Are you looking to get an intro/overview of the subject, or a cross-ref source for the semester? I've seen the S&S series and thought about trying one out, but I'm skeptical regarding how helpful they are. BigM, what's your take since you've listened to a few?
I've only listened to Civil Procedure in-depth, but it's a good overview of a first year civil procedure course and Arthur Miller breaks things down well. The three-ish hours of Ks I've listened to is also a good overview but he doesn't break things down as clearly as AM.

Torts I'm not sure on. The guy literally says "Prosser says this, I don't think it's so" or some variation of that every 10 minutes and it makes me skeptical/I don't give a shit about where he disagrees with Prosser, so I've only listened to <1 hour of that.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”