delete Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ArchRoark

Silver

delete

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:52 am

delete please
Last edited by ArchRoark on Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

billyez

Silver

Re: help me decide on my DS topic

Post by billyez » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:17 am

This isn't how it works. There's no perfect option. Write about both of these topics and compare them - then you'll know which one is the "right" one. I don't suggest writing about both of them. I think it would prevent you from being able to mine each topic approriately in regards to how it demonstrates your diversity; but its certainly possible to do it right.

ArchRoark

Silver

Re: help me decide on my DS topic

Post by ArchRoark » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:35 am

billyez wrote:This isn't how it works. There's no perfect option. Write about both of these topics and compare them - then you'll know which one is the "right" one. I don't suggest writing about both of them. I think it would prevent you from being able to mine each topic approriately in regards to how it demonstrates your diversity; but its certainly possible to do it right.
Thanks : ) Went ahead and edited out my thread to save others from reading the wall of text.

I guess my main question is whether or not the single mother immigrant mother theme has been written about so much that it has lost some of its "diversity" appeal.

billyez

Silver

Re: delete

Post by billyez » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:02 am

You can't worry about stuff like that. Even if the subject matter is something that adcomms are used to, it's okay for you to use it as long as it gives insight into your character. Your concern is solved by not writing about these issues in generalities but anchoring them in your personal experience - which shouldn't be hard for you iof you're other writing is consistent with your writing as a whole.

YCrevolution

Gold

Re: delete

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:27 pm

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”