How should one dress for class? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
blink

Bronze

How should one dress for class?

Post by blink » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Last edited by blink on Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Diamond

Re: How should one dress for class?

Post by bk1 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:00 pm

The search function is your friend. Don't neglect him!

blink

Bronze

Post by blink » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Last edited by blink on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoyolaLaw2012

Bronze

Post by LoyolaLaw2012 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:06 pm

Dressing a certain way is not a big deal in law school. When I visited FSU, people showed up in pajama pants. Although I wouldn't recommend this, it shows that there are more important things to worry about. I usually dress in casual clothing.

Pip

Bronze

Post by Pip » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:55 pm

For the most part it wont matter.

However if you choose to wear something that makes you stick out you will increase your chances of being called on in class. If that doesn't bother you don't worry about it. If you don't want to be called on then scope out the norm and try to blend in... Of course there are some profs that are throw backs to another time that believe how you dress reflects on you. I can recall one prof who stated in class that if it were up to him everyone would be required to wear suits and ties... So you never know what the profs are thinking.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”