DS Length Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Knock

Platinum

DS Length

Post by Knock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:06 pm

I looked around but I couldn't find how long DS's are supposed to be. Most seem to be about 1 page, but i couldn't find any formal guidelines or restrictions. What is the consensus length of a DS?

kaydish21

Bronze

Re: DS Length

Post by kaydish21 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:24 pm

I had one that was around 2 pages, and then a shorter version for schools with a 1pg or 500 word count limit. Made it pretty simple.

maxm2764

Silver

Post by maxm2764 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Knock, long time no see. I think I may write a DS too and it's usually in the 1-2 page range form what I've read. How'd the LSAT go? My guess would be pretty well. :D

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:31 pm

maxm2764 wrote:Knock, long time no see. I think I may write a DS too and it's usually in the 1-2 page range form what I've read. How'd the LSAT go? My guess would be pretty well. :D
Ehh I did okay, a little disappointed. I'm probably retaking in Oct. Thanks maxm, we should swap DS's and/or PS's at somepoint.

maxm2764

Silver

Post by maxm2764 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:37 pm

Knockglock wrote:
maxm2764 wrote:Knock, long time no see. I think I may write a DS too and it's usually in the 1-2 page range form what I've read. How'd the LSAT go? My guess would be pretty well. :D
Ehh I did okay, a little disappointed. I'm probably retaking in Oct. Thanks maxm, we should swap DS's and/or PS's at somepoint.
Ah I'm really sorry to hear that Knock. I'm sure you'll kill it in October though and this time maybe you won't have to study as much. Keep your head up though, you've been an inspiration throughout the whole LSAT studying process and I hope that you take pride in that.

And yes, I would definitely be up for swapping PS/DS's at some point too. I'm going to be applying basically the first week the apps are out since my LSAT isn't the strongest so hopefully I'll be able to get you to critique them for me in the next month or so.

Seriously though Knock keep your head up, you've mastered that shitty test and should take pride in the work you've put in thus far.

maxm2764

Silver

Post by maxm2764 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:39 pm

And sorry for the grammar/run on sentence fail(s).

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”