T14 w/ best big law Texas placement? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
SimplyC26

New

T14 w/ best big law Texas placement?

Post by SimplyC26 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 pm

I'm really interested in moving to either Austin or the Dallas area after law school. Does anyone have any data available on which schools in the T14 have the best placement in Texas over a five year span? A friend of mine told me that Duke and Virginia graduates usually fair well.

im_blue

Gold

Re: T14 w/ best big law Texas placement?

Post by im_blue » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:34 pm

SimplyC26 wrote:I'm really interested in moving to either Austin or the Dallas area after law school. Does anyone have any data available on which schools in the T14 have the best placement in Texas over a five year span? A friend of mine told me that Duke and Virginia graduates usually fair well.
Duke and Virginia if you have ties to Texas (grew up there, etc). Otherwise, UT might be your best bet.

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Re: T14 w/ best big law Texas placement?

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:20 pm

SimplyC26 wrote:I'm really interested in moving to either Austin or the Dallas area after law school. Does anyone have any data available on which schools in the T14 have the best placement in Texas over a five year span? A friend of mine told me that Duke and Virginia graduates usually fair well.
If you have connections to Texas, it really doesn't matter (the NLJ chart had them all similar for big law).

If you don't have any connections to Texas, your best bet is UT.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”