Ribbit's Blog. Forum

Ribbit

New

Ribbit's Blog.

Post by Ribbit » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:21 pm

I'm a 25 y/o frophmore. Yep, you heard it. A frophmore. I'll graduate in another two and a half years but I'm still in my first year of school. Why am I 25 and still only in my first year of school? Because at 18, I had no idea what I wanted to do. I went to school for a little while, but that wasn't the thing for me. I wasn't ready for the responsibility of trying to decide what I wanted to do for my life. So I dropped out of school, worked some crappy jobs, lived a pretty pointless, directionless life. But I did sample a lot of different kinds of alcohol. So all was not lost. After awhile, I got stir crazy, so I hopped in my dad's 18 wheeler with him and drove around the country for a couple months. I saw mountains, high plains, big cities, and a lot of truck stop waitresses with missing teeth. I started to get fidgety again and I really wanted to go back to school, but two things stood in my way: finances and direction. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on school only to graduate without the slightest idea of what I wanted to do with my life. So I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone: join the military and get money for school while discovering more about myself. So I joined the Marine Corps. They gave me fifty grand for school and the opportunity to get shot at. How could I turn it down? I worked as a network security administrator for most of my enlistment. That's right: I have computer hacking skills. I was in Fallujah, Iraq from February to September of 2004. I developed an ability to dodge mortar fire, play Worms World Party, and make up peanut-butter/pasta combinations simulatenously. I got out of the Marine Corps this past July and I now attend the University of Colorado at Boulder. I'm a political science major right now. My preference would be to triple-major in poli sci, int'l affairs, and french, but I want to graduate before the 39th century. I took the LSAT this past December and scored a 170. My dream schools are, in descending order: 1. Yale, 2. NYU, 3. Columbia, 4. Penn, 5. Virginia, and 6. Georgetown. But I'll probably end up going to some unaccredited school in Osh-Kosh because I'll like their cafeteria better or something. I'm a member of Model United Nations and Mensa. I am compulsive and fickle about stupid things. And I can hold out for the best.

Ribbit

New

Post by Ribbit » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:42 pm

I just realized I put a period after "Ribbit's blog". I'm so OCD.

:) .

Ribbit

New

Post by Ribbit » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:00 am

So I'm really sick of receiving mail from schools giving me an application fee waiver. For one, I'm not going to be applying until the mid-27th century. For two, it's almost FEBRUARY. I mean, seriously. If I haven't applied yet, you think I'm going to now? And the weird thing is that it's not really schools that I would expect that from...eg, Tier 3's and what not. I got one today from Virginia. And UCLA has sent me two. And then all the other blizzitybloobah ones that I don't get. I keep hoping to read one that says, "We know you're only a sophomore...but screw it, apply anyway and we'll let you in."

So I'm going to sulk. And play my new NES emulator. Tecmo Super Bowl, holla.

Ribbit

New

Post by Ribbit » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:43 am

Damien Rice is the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.

The end.

Ribbit

New

Post by Ribbit » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:46 pm

So I'm at a crossroads. Again. Same crossroads I was at last month. And the one before that.

Do I stick to Political Science as my only major and graduate a year early, or do I add International Affairs and a couple of languages and graduate on time? It really has nothing to do with how I want my law school application to look. I want it for the knowledge. The challenge. I want to be educated...a rennaisance man. And that might sound retarded, but it's true. I really, really want to get to law school as soon as I can. I'm already ancient in age. But I really, really want to take advantage of being an undergrad and take in as much knowledge as I can. It sucks. I have to make a decision this year too in order to plan correctly. I hate making these kinds of decisions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”