Concord Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lilbrawler

New

Concord Law School

Post by lilbrawler » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:14 am

Is this a legitimate law school?Not just a papermill or whatever?and if it is...If I wanted to get my LLM at another school....would another school take me?I just didnt know you can get your law degree fully on -line

thanks for your help

roadkilllaw

New

Re: Concord Law School

Post by roadkilllaw » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:15 am

papermill

FacistCommunist

New

Post by FacistCommunist » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:19 am

roadkilllaw wrote:papermill
If you pass the baby bar in California and then graduate, you'll be eligible to sit for the bar there. Though I doubt your employment prospects would be very good.

Crimson419

New

Post by Crimson419 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:46 am

Based on everything I've read about the school, I wouldn't call it a paper mill. First, the school has a very low graduation rate, which, in my opinion, makes it anything but a paper mill. The curriculum is, more or less, the same as any other law school in the land. Though, you do have to remember you will only be eligible to sit for the bar in California, and, if you pass the bar there, you will be eligible to sit for the bar in Wisconsin, as well. All othere states will require at least 3 years of practicing in another state before you are eligible to sit somewhere else.

Also, you have to keep in mind that a lot of lawyering (<--- the damn spell checker is telling me this isn't a real word, but it sure sounds/reads like one) cannot to be taught online, so, you'll have to a very motivated, intelligent individual to be able to be courtroom-ready after you do pass the bar... and, if you are that motivated and intelligent, you'd probably be able to get into an ABA-accredited part-time program.

And, my final thoughts on the matter... if you live in the middle of nowhere, with no law schools around, and you want to practice a paperwork intensive/little courtroom type of law (bankruptcy, probate, for example), it may be an option that might work for you. But, even in that situation, you'd still have to move to CA to practice, and CA isn't exactly the cheapest place to live or start a business.

But, based on their graduation rate, I don't think it is fair to call them a diploma mill.

Winchester

New

Post by Winchester » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:59 pm

Concord came in second in a Moot Court Competition last year. They may be doing something right. --LinkRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”