Is barry a decent law school? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Rocky Estoppel

Bronze

Re: Barry vs FAMU??

Post by Rocky Estoppel » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:21 am

jetman82 wrote:I am a Software Engineer at Lockheed Martin in Orlando and I'm highly considering going to law school to become a patent attorney.

I graduated from UF with a 3.16 GPA in Computer Engineering, and I am taking the LSAT in December. I have about 5 years experience as a professional software engineer, and I will have about 10 by the time I graduate from a part time law program.

I have a house and job in Orlando, meaning that I can't move, so I have 2 choices for law school: FAMU and Barry.

I have a few questions about how all of this works:

1) I know my GPA is kind of low but its an engineering degree and I have a good bit of professional experience, will that help me in the app process?

2) What type of LSAT scores should I shoot for to get into these programs? Both seem to be lower tier, and I dont think admissions standards are that great. If I choose Barry I will def be going for some scholarship money tho, b/c that is a big chunk of change. I will be busting my tail the next 3 months to pass the test, but a number to shoot for would be nice.

3) Both schools are accredited, but FAMU has a really low Bar passage rate, while Barry's is pretty nice. However, FAMU has much better facilities. Are Bar passage rates really that much of a determining factor when looking for jobs that it would be worthwhile for me to pay the extra money to go to Barry?
Do well on the LSAT, get into UF, get a shitty studio apartment for the week, go home on the weekends. Don't go to Barry or FAMU.

Pearalegal

Silver

Re: Is barry a decent law school?

Post by Pearalegal » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:43 am

:shock:

This thread is more than two years old.

Charlottepturner

New

Post by Charlottepturner » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:20 pm

very fine law school
Last edited by Charlottepturner on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 pm

Charlottepturner wrote:Barry aka Barry Manilow jr law school is an overpriced law school for kids who prefer recreation to study. Unless daddy is a rich lawyer and you will graduate and go straight into daddy's office running out for sandwiches as a make believe lawyer don't waste your time there. The campus of trailers is sketchy and so are the students. It's hard enough to get a job going to a real law school let alone going to Straw- Barry law school. It's good the school is in Orlando close to Disney because you can get a job there in the Disney make believe city hall after you graduate. My sister went for one year and left. Go anywhere else or you will be at the butt of a joke whenever you are with lawyers.
Nice 3 year bump on a five year old thread. Yes, Barry is still awful.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:55 pm

Your one and only post was to revive a thread made in 2007 to trash some obscure t4? Not a good start my friend...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”