UC Hastings VS UC Davis Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Diamond

Re: UC Hastings VS UC Davis

Post by 20160810 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:49 am

I live in a 2-br apartment, total cost is about $1000/mo, and have 1 roommate. Definitely a studio would run at least $750, probably over $800. But I don't think most people live alone, so that's a silly way to define COL.

stonepeep

Bronze

Post by stonepeep » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:52 am

SBL wrote:I don't think most people live alone, so that's a silly way to define COL.
It depends on the person, doesn't it? For example, I don't have roommates and would not choose to have them, so it would not make sense for me to define COL by the figures you provided.

You're right to point out that if people have roommates they may pay less (which is true in SF as well), but keep in mind that it wouldn't apply to everyone. Some people, like me, will choose to live alone even if it means paying more.

glacierfrost

Bronze

Post by glacierfrost » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:26 am

You can find some cheaaaaaaap housing in Davis. I got lucky because one of my friends had a lease handed down to him at a 2 bedroom apartment where the living room was converted into a room and I ended up paying $281 for my own room. $281!!!! But we had constant cockroach problems.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”