Mich Darrow vs HLS Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UMich Darrow (50K debt) vs. Harvard (200K debt)

Poll ended at Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:02 am

UMich Darrow (50K debt)
58%
Harvard (200K debt)
42%

Total votes: 43

rasberryberet

New

Re: Mich Darrow vs HLS

Post by rasberryberet » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:44 am

gotCentred wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:27 pm
One thing to consider is that you can put the Darrow on your resume, and the people who know enough to really care about distinctions between Harvard and Michigan will know what that is, i.e., that you could have gone to Harvard. People hiring are just trying to determine whether you are smart, and the quality of the education at the different schools (very similar) matters alot less than the fact of getting in, or being able to get in.

This is absolutely true. The question for OP is whether or not networking will cut in favor or against a larger "more prestigious" school aka alumni connections or if the financial freedom provided by UoM will be make or break. Again, OP is already in an amazing position. There's no wrong answer.

RedNewJersey

New

Re: Mich Darrow vs HLS

Post by RedNewJersey » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:27 pm

Pneumonia wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:38 pm
Rule23andMe wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:26 pm
This argument seems barely helpful anyway - the relevant group of alums to analyze is those who got into both UMich and HLS, or went to Mich and were equally capable (however you define that) as those at HLS. I don't think anyone disputes that HLS has better outcomes on average, so I'm having trouble understanding how this whole line of reasoning comparing percentages speaks at all to the question posed.
Is this trolling?
I have no dog in this, but why would it be? The point is that you'd need to adjust for inputs. Once you do that, do you still see more federal judges from HLS? Dunno--and that's the point.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”