NDLS vs. BU?? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mel918

New

NDLS vs. BU??

Post by mel918 » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:41 am

COA is the same for both, not planning to retake LSAT, goal is biglaw

Coming from Georgetown and not sure how to feel about being in south bend, but the staff/opportunities seem great out of ND

Waitlisted at Duke, Uchicago, Columbia, UCLA but need to put a deposit down by mid-April and still very torn over where to go

andythefir

Silver

Re: NDLS vs. BU??

Post by andythefir » Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:34 pm

I’m an NDLS class of 2014. I loved ND, but I’m Catholic, went to Catholic school, and targeted a rural market that doesn’t have top school grads or proper big law. Things are way better than when I was a law student, but the vibe then was ND placed decently well in Chicago and much less well in large national markets.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:05 pm

If goal is big law, getting off the waitlist for a t14 is the best bet (although pricey). Agree with Andy, if you'd be happy working in Chicago, immediately after graduation and catholic then ND wins. If you'd like to be in Boston after grad school, go to BU. NY/DC will be harder from both, but doubt one has an advantage over the other

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:54 am

Agree that knowing what your backup goals are us important here. BU and ND are both decent schools, but you'll be taking a big risk if your only goal is to get hired at a big firm.

Also, why won't you retake (and what's your current LSAT/GPA)? And what is your actual COA at both? The fact that they cost the same isn't really helpful, because the advice will change based on what the actual cost is.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”