Does anyone know the conditional scholarship GPA cut off at Brooklyn Law? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BrooklynLawGal11

New

Does anyone know the conditional scholarship GPA cut off at Brooklyn Law?

Post by BrooklynLawGal11 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:51 am

Background info: I finished my first year at CUNY Law and I decided to apply elsewhere to see if I get decent offers. I was accepted into Brooklyn Law's part-time program. I was offered a Transfer Merit Scholarship of 30k that's renewable if my GPA remains in the top 80% of the class. (Initially they offered 20K and I got them to raise it to 30K). At CUNY I pay 12K out of pocket. I have no scholarship their but I can manage paying for it. I'm trying to not take out loans. If I transfer to Brooklyn I have 21K I have to pay out of pocket making it 9k more. I asked CUNY to cover 50% of my tuition for the remainder of my time there to get me to stay but CUNY is traditionally slow with responses. I highly considering transferring out but the conditional scholarship makes me nervous.

My question is does anyone know the conditional scholarship GPA cutoff numbers at Brooklyn law? I get good grades but I know Brooklyn gives out lots of conditional scholarships and I'm just trying to get a sense of the numbers. I know there's a curve at play too.

KEbro93

New

Re: Does anyone know the conditional scholarship GPA cut off at Brooklyn Law?

Post by KEbro93 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:14 pm

BrooklynLawGal11 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:51 am
Background info: I finished my first year at CUNY Law and I decided to apply elsewhere to see if I get decent offers. I was accepted into Brooklyn Law's part-time program. I was offered a Transfer Merit Scholarship of 30k that's renewable if my GPA remains in the top 80% of the class. (Initially they offered 20K and I got them to raise it to 30K). At CUNY I pay 12K out of pocket. I have no scholarship their but I can manage paying for it. I'm trying to not take out loans. If I transfer to Brooklyn I have 21K I have to pay out of pocket making it 9k more. I asked CUNY to cover 50% of my tuition for the remainder of my time there to get me to stay but CUNY is traditionally slow with responses. I highly considering transferring out but the conditional scholarship makes me nervous.

My question is does anyone know the conditional scholarship GPA cutoff numbers at Brooklyn law? I get good grades but I know Brooklyn gives out lots of conditional scholarships and I'm just trying to get a sense of the numbers. I know there's a curve at play too.
The conditional seems scammy. Also it is "there" not "their" :wink:

Just_because_

New

Post by Just_because_ » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Bottom 20 percent is about 2.8-2.9

jumpingdoodle

New

Post by jumpingdoodle » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:03 pm

Conditional isn’t scammy. You basically need to not have a pulse to fall into the bottom 20%. All of your grades would need to be B- or below; our median grade sits somewhere between a B and a B+, and the top 30% of any large class gets A- or above.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”