GULC v UF llm tax Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
IASS

New

GULC v UF llm tax

Post by IASS » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:00 pm

Haven’t seen recent threads on this topic. I got into both programs. I’m contemplating on requesting my deposit back from GULC. I don’t want to have regret due to choosing GULC over UF, especially since I would have in-state tuition at UF and a expensive move to D.C.

Any advice is appreciated.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: GULC v UF llm tax

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:05 pm

Several factors beyond COA that should be given consideration. Among those factors are where you want to practice, what type of practice you envision, and your prior experience in the field of tax combined with your future career goals. While not an exhaustive list, these aspects may help to refine your decision.

pkeller

Post by pkeller » Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:46 pm

Adding on to that to say that DC is a very intense and unique city.

It's not a bad thing, but there's a certain personality. It's a lot. Check out @washingtonianprobs or @overhearddc on Instagram to get a sense of what I mean.

Another factor to consider--do you want a city or smaller town for your school experience? At UF, you're more likely to have your social experience revolve around your school and hang out with your classmates. At Georgetown, people are likely to have lived in the city before and already have their friend groups established--so they hang out with their classmates less.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:33 am

If you want to practice in Florida, UF is going to be a better choice. If you want to practice in DC, Georgetown is a better choice. If you want to practice somewhere else, it's a tougher call.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”