Page 1 of 1

Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:55 pm
by warwickmain
[deleted]

Re: Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:12 pm
by trebekismyhero
If you can get Cardozo and Brooklyn close to full tuition then those would be advisable because it sounds like you likely will not end up commuting so COA will be higher. Right now I would say none of the above. WUSTL at that cost is just too much. If it were under $100k then it would make sense. And Brooklyn and Cardozo are just not worth taking $100k worth of loans out, which if you don't live at home you will. If you actually kept Cardozo to $60k then I think that would be ok.

It sounds like you scored where you were averaging, but even just another point or two would lead to a lot more $ from WUSTL because you would be above their average so I wouldn't discount a retake in June.

Re: Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:26 pm
by gsy987
trebekismyhero wrote:If you can get Cardozo and Brooklyn close to full tuition then those would be advisable because it sounds like you likely will not end up commuting so COA will be higher. Right now I would say none of the above. WUSTL at that cost is just too much. If it were under $100k then it would make sense. And Brooklyn and Cardozo are just not worth taking $100k worth of loans out, which if you don't live at home you will. If you actually kept Cardozo to $60k then I think that would be ok.

It sounds like you scored where you were averaging, but even just another point or two would lead to a lot more $ from WUSTL because you would be above their average so I wouldn't discount a retake in June.
Agreed. WUSTL is notorious for hunting for good LSAT scores...so waiting could be a good option.

Re: Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 pm
by warwickmain
gsy987 wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:If you can get Cardozo and Brooklyn close to full tuition then those would be advisable because it sounds like you likely will not end up commuting so COA will be higher. Right now I would say none of the above. WUSTL at that cost is just too much. If it were under $100k then it would make sense. And Brooklyn and Cardozo are just not worth taking $100k worth of loans out, which if you don't live at home you will. If you actually kept Cardozo to $60k then I think that would be ok.

It sounds like you scored where you were averaging, but even just another point or two would lead to a lot more $ from WUSTL because you would be above their average so I wouldn't discount a retake in June.
Agreed. WUSTL is notorious for hunting for good LSAT scores...so waiting could be a good option.
I didn't know about WUSTL being so focused on the LSAT for scholarships, but I'll definitely look into a June retake! Thanks!
I'm also waiting on Brooklyn still for a scholarship negotiation response, so we'll see what happens there.

Re: Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 pm
by Rigo
It looks like WUSTL is being less generous this year just based on choosing threads.

As of now, I'd do Dozo but relentlessly negotiate with both Brooklyn and Dozo. Every little bit counts.

Re: Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 pm
by Johann
cardozo.