Vandy vs. BU vs. WUSTL Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MooseMan

New

Vandy vs. BU vs. WUSTL

Post by MooseMan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:05 pm

Last edited by MooseMan on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katthegreat11

Bronze

Re: Vandy vs. BU vs. WUSTL

Post by katthegreat11 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Did you apply to any T14s? I would think you could get similar money from lower T14s with those stats...

floatie

Silver

Post by floatie » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:23 pm

From the Vandy thread, it doesn't look like they're negotiating this year :( but I think its the most portable degree of the 3 you listed. BU will work in the east coast and WUSTL in the Midwest (and maybe a little on the east coast). It also doesn't sound like you liked WUSTL very much, despite their offer, so if you really feel like its a bad fit then don't go. 3 year is a long time to be miserable

MooseMan

New

Post by MooseMan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:48 pm

katthegreat11

Bronze

Post by katthegreat11 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:58 pm

MooseMan wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:Did you apply to any T14s? I would think you could get similar money from lower T14s with those stats...
I applied to NYU and Berkeley. Haven't heard back from either. I didn't apply to any of the lower T14s. I probably should have in hindsight, but I wanted to apply either to schools/cities I really enjoyed, or where I thought I could get big $$. I appled to UCLA, USC, BU, BC, Fordham, Vandy, WUSTL, UW, NYU, Berkeley. I'm still kind of considering USC and UCLA, but I was disappointed by my scholarship offers.
I think you undervalued yourself tbh, I think you could have gotten in and potentially gotten decent money there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Fiddlesticks

New

Post by Fiddlesticks » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 pm

This is unfortunate. You would have likely gotten some sort of scholarship from a few of -- UVA, Mich, Duke, NW, Cornell, GULC. Then could have used those to negotiate better deals from lower schools if the debt load would have been too high.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Post by Dr. Nefario » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Have you tried negotiating with BU based on WUSTL's offer? I feel like that would be a realistic option to get you a little more comfortable with your debt.

MooseMan

New

Post by MooseMan » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:47 pm

existentialcrisis

Silver

Post by existentialcrisis » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:15 pm

MooseMan wrote:
katthegreat11 wrote:Did you apply to any T14s? I would think you could get similar money from lower T14s with those stats...
I applied to NYU and Berkeley. Haven't heard back from either. I didn't apply to any of the lower T14s. I probably should have in hindsight, but I wanted to apply either to schools/cities I really enjoyed, or where I thought I could get big $$. I appled to UCLA, USC, BU, BC, Fordham, Vandy, WUSTL, UW, NYU, Berkeley. I'm still kind of considering USC and UCLA, but I was disappointed by my scholarship offers.
If your goals are biglaw --> in house, then you really should sit out the cycle and apply earlier to the lower T14. I just don't think a city you think you would enjoy for 3 years should really be a relevant consideration when your career is at stake. You are at Cornell's 75th LSAT and median GPA, at Cornell, NU, etc. would give you a much better chance at achieving your goals. Obviously if you sit out then you should schedule a retake as well, as it could only help you get more money.

If you're not going to reapply, then I think Vanderbilt is probably the right choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”