DePaul v. Loyola Chicago v. Chicago Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Popular01

New

DePaul v. Loyola Chicago v. Chicago

Post by Popular01 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:08 pm

I have nearly a full ride at DePaul, 15k at Loyola and am on the waitlist for Chicago. Obviously, I'm going to do everything I can to get in off the waitlist. But which school would I be better off putting in a seat deposit at? I know that Loyola is ranked higher than DePaul but is it enough of a gap between DePaul that I absolutely have to choose it? If I did decide to transfer, would it make that much of a difference? want to work in big law, preferably in NYC. No idea what to do.
Last edited by Popular01 on Tue May 17, 2016 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lymenheimer

Gold

Re: DePaul v. Loyola Chicago v. Chicago

Post by lymenheimer » Tue May 17, 2016 3:09 pm

Popular01 wrote:No idea what to do.
Perhaps you should READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 1&t=206299

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Tue May 17, 2016 3:17 pm

I'd take a full ride at depaul BUT I'd consider if there are stipulations on the scholarship.

DePaul and Loyola are functionally similar enough that I wouldn't pay 100k+ to go to one over the other.

I wouldn't expect to be able to transfer.

landshoes

Silver

Post by landshoes » Tue May 17, 2016 3:18 pm

lymenheimer wrote:
Perhaps you should READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 1&t=206299
dude no need to be an asshole about it. like, if it bugs you that much, no one is making you post here.

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Tue May 17, 2016 3:28 pm

landshoes wrote:
lymenheimer wrote:
dude no need to be an asshole about it. like, if it bugs you that much, no one is making you post here.
If you read it with an asshole tone then perhaps you should reevaluate.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:41 pm

I am real confused on how you are WL from Chicago but only got 15K from Loyola and didn't get a full ride from DePaul... Please provide us with more info

Mullens

Silver

Post by Mullens » Tue May 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Have you looked at the jobs stats for Loyola and DePaul? It's very unlikely you get big law from either and its gonna be almost impossible to get NYC big law. Those schools don't match your goals, don't go to them.

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Tue May 17, 2016 3:53 pm

Popular01 wrote:I have nearly a full ride at DePaul, 15k at Loyola and am on the waitlist for Chicago. Obviously, I'm going to do everything I can to get in off the waitlist. But which school would I be better off putting in a seat deposit at? I know that Loyola is ranked higher than DePaul but is it enough of a gap between DePaul that I absolutely have to choose it? If I did decide to transfer, would it make that much of a difference? want to work in big law, preferably in NYC. No idea what to do.
I did not even read this far. Do not go to school in at DePaul and Loyola expecting to get any job in NYC let alone big law. UofC could get you there but off the WL you will likely be paying sticker. So basically none of the above make any sense whatsoever with your goals.

Retake/reapply to NYC schools

Meow Meowsworth

New

Post by Meow Meowsworth » Tue May 17, 2016 4:17 pm

Nachoo2019 wrote:I am real confused on how you are WL from Chicago but only got 15K from Loyola and didn't get a full ride from DePaul... Please provide us with more info
I'm almost wondering if OP is talking about Chicago-Kent based on the post, because yeah, it doesn't make a ton of sense to get WLed at Chicago and only get 15k at Loyola, even if that is per year instead of total

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:18 pm

Meow Meowsworth wrote:
Nachoo2019 wrote:I am real confused on how you are WL from Chicago but only got 15K from Loyola and didn't get a full ride from DePaul... Please provide us with more info
I'm almost wondering if OP is talking about Chicago-Kent based on the post, because yeah, it doesn't make a ton of sense to get WLed at Chicago and only get 15k at Loyola, even if that is per year instead of total
I think you are correct...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”