Hamilton vs YLS + lots of complications Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Hamilton vs YLS + lots of complications

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:56 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
Elbble wrote: 2. My one (lame, but it's how it is) skill in life is being a 4.0/180 kind of super student. I know a lot of people pick HYS as a hedge against mediocre performance at CCN, but that's not a real risk in my case.
Sort of surprised everyone is letting this fly.
I definitely didn't. That very much figures into my assumption that Yale is the outcome here. The type of person that says shit like that is the type of person that take Yale over Hammy.
Or the kind of person that gets a 4.0/180. I mean we can argue class difficulty/priorities/all else, but this kid has literally been perfect, academically speaking, and just assuming that will stop is at least somewhat naive.
I actually think OP is making a fair point. Imposter syndrome is a real thing and I'd add it to Professor Campos' list of reasons why people choose Yale. Someone with these credentials is going to do just fine at CLS.

That said OP, if you need something like law review to reach your goals don't count on it just because you crushed so far.

cron1834

Gold

Re: Hamilton vs YLS + lots of complications

Post by cron1834 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:50 pm

James.K.Polk wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
James.K.Polk wrote:
cron1834 wrote:
TatteredDignity wrote:
Elbble wrote: 2. My one (lame, but it's how it is) skill in life is being a 4.0/180 kind of super student. I know a lot of people pick HYS as a hedge against mediocre performance at CCN, but that's not a real risk in my case.
Sort of surprised everyone is letting this fly.
I definitely didn't. That very much figures into my assumption that Yale is the outcome here. The type of person that says shit like that is the type of person that takes Yale over Hammy.
Or the kind of person that gets a 4.0/180. I mean we can argue class difficulty/priorities/all else, but this kid has literally been perfect, academically speaking, and just assuming that will stop is at least somewhat naive.
There's not a meaningful difference between a 4.0/180 and a 4.0/175, and she'll be competing against plenty of students with that profile at CLS. TLS usually reminds people about the power of the curve--just surprised OP is getting a pass.
That may well be true, but I'm just saying, you can't really knock someone who is perfect in LSAT and perfect in GPA and say 'that won't continue' just because you think it's unsustainable in law school, or the competition will get tougher. That isn't what OP's history tells us will happen.

I agree that a 175 is, for all intents and purposes, the same as a 180, but we all aimed for 180 when we took the LSAT, and OP got it. You're in a fantastic position, Yale vs. free Columbia, and believe me - I'd love to make the choice.
This is actually irrelevant to my point, though. I don't know or care how well OP is actually going to perform. I'm simply making a prediction that this is the type of person to go for Yale b/c it's the best (and it is the best).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”