A TLS Article that Needs Updating Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Pragmatic Gun

Silver

A TLS Article that Needs Updating

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Sun May 24, 2015 2:46 pm

So I found this little gem in the law schools section of this website, and I think it needs to be revised.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/new-york ... hools.html

Apparently, Pace University is on the rise and its environmental law program is gaining a great reputation. Also, Cornell's employment stats rival that of Columbia and NYU nowadays. Who edits these articles? I am concerned someone will read these articles.

TheDogWhisperer

New

Re: A TLS Article that Needs Updating

Post by TheDogWhisperer » Sun May 24, 2015 2:50 pm

"Yeshiva (Cardozo) is ranked amongst the top ten law schools in Intellectual Property law, Dispute Resolution and is also among the better entertainment law schools."

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Sun May 24, 2015 2:58 pm

It reads like troll bait, d00d

TheodoreKGB

Bronze

Post by TheodoreKGB » Sun May 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Last edited by TheodoreKGB on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Sun May 24, 2015 3:27 pm

From the cls bit:

"Attending this top law school is not cheap, with tuition at nearly $33,000."

Sigh

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun May 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Clemenceau wrote:From the cls bit:

"Attending this top law school is not cheap, with tuition at nearly $33,000."

Sigh
Heh

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Sun May 24, 2015 3:39 pm

From the Old Article on Syracuse wrote:The Syracuse University College of Law enjoys a reputation that exceeds its ranking and plays host to an increasingly strong set of academic programs. It could be a good match for students looking at specialized law programs in national security and counter-terrorism, technology commercialization, public administration, international relations, business administration, or politics and the media.
The field of counter-terrorism law is booming, to be honest. I think Skadden just launched their Counter-Terrorism Defense Department. :roll:

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun May 24, 2015 5:09 pm

Pragmatic Gun wrote:
From the Old Article on Syracuse wrote:The Syracuse University College of Law enjoys a reputation that exceeds its ranking and plays host to an increasingly strong set of academic programs. It could be a good match for students looking at specialized law programs in national security and counter-terrorism, technology commercialization, public administration, international relations, business administration, or politics and the media.
The field of counter-terrorism law is booming, to be honest. I think Skadden just launched their Counter-Terrorism Defense Department. :roll:
To be fair, in the DC area there were no shortage of firms (and legal departments for the defense industry beltway bandits) that ran very active revolving doors with DHS/NSA/CIA. Although, I do not know if they cared about programs like the on above, as their actual purpose seemed a lot more about burning money and not smooch anything that a sane person would consider honest security.

But the budget mess of the last several years has slowed this dance.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Post by Pragmatic Gun » Sun May 24, 2015 6:18 pm

haus wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:
To be fair, in the DC area there were no shortage of firms (and legal departments for the defense industry beltway bandits) that ran very active revolving doors with DHS/NSA/CIA. Although, I do not know if they cared about programs like the on above, as their actual purpose seemed a lot more about burning money and not smooch anything that a sane person would consider honest security.

Even so, would they hire from Syracuse?

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun May 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Pragmatic Gun wrote:
haus wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:

Even so, would they hire from Syracuse?
During the boom years, hell yes they would hire from Syracuse, these were not prestige positions in any way shape or form. When the money was rolling deep, and a lot of open positions, I do not think much of anything mattered, other than a willingness to work for these agencies.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”