Colorado ($$$) or Oregon ($$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Mrandolph219

New

Colorado ($$$) or Oregon ($$$)

Post by Mrandolph219 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:34 pm

My stats are LSAT-161 and GPA-3.7. I have been accepted to University of Oregon with a scholarship that covers about 75% tuition. Today I found out that the University of Colorado has increased the offer to 75% of tuition as well.

My family is from Oregon and it would be easy and cheaper (in terms of cost of living) to remain in Oregon. However it seems like Colorado is a much better school and might be worth the extra living expenses.

My question is, is Colorado really that much better in terms of job prospects after graduation? I'm interested in criminal law so I assume with either school I will end up working as a public defender. Is a Colorado degree more portable or does this decision really just come down to whether I want to live in Colorado or Oregon after graduation?

Also please don't tell me to retake the LSAT, I know that it is helpful advice, but at this point I would just really like to get started at one of these two law schools and start moving forward.

Thanks!

Tr3

Silver

Re: Colorado ($$$) or Oregon ($$$)

Post by Tr3 » Mon May 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Mrandolph219 wrote:My stats are LSAT-161 and GPA-3.7. I have been accepted to University of Oregon with a scholarship that covers about 75% tuition. Today I found out that the University of Colorado has increased the offer to 75% of tuition as well.

My family is from Oregon and it would be easy and cheaper (in terms of cost of living) to remain in Oregon. However it seems like Colorado is a much better school and might be worth the extra living expenses.

My question is, is Colorado really that much better in terms of job prospects after graduation? I'm interested in criminal law so I assume with either school I will end up working as a public defender. Is a Colorado degree more portable or does this decision really just come down to whether I want to live in Colorado or Oregon after graduation?

Also please don't tell me to retake the LSAT, I know that it is helpful advice, but at this point I would just really like to get started at one of these two law schools and start moving forward.

Thanks!
I love CU! But I think you should heavily consider where you want to work after law school.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Mon May 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Colorado has the best PD system in the country. Oregon's employed at graduation stats are atrocious.

URM ?

What does the criminal law fellowship at Oregon offer ?

metroidbum

Silver

Post by metroidbum » Mon May 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Mrandolph219 wrote:My stats are LSAT-161 and GPA-3.7. I have been accepted to University of Oregon with a scholarship that covers about 75% tuition. Today I found out that the University of Colorado has increased the offer to 75% of tuition as well.

Thanks!
If you go to CO, you better be fine with working in CO. And even then, you'll be at disadvantage compared to all the native kids.

Where do you want to work?

In any case, you really must retake. You have a 3.7, you can have much better options.

PoopNpants

Silver

Post by PoopNpants » Mon May 04, 2015 8:34 pm

In any case, you really must retake. You have a 3.7, you can have much better options.[/quote]

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”