Berkeley ( sticker) V. Michigan (45, 000) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
strugglebus

Bronze

Re: Berkeley ( sticker) V. Michigan (45, 000)

Post by strugglebus » Mon May 11, 2015 1:01 pm

justkeepswimming794 wrote:its just that most people, unable to fund sticker price unwilling to advise you to waste money, are going to tell you to do whatever it takes to get that cost down.
ftfy

justkeepswimming794

New

Post by justkeepswimming794 » Mon May 11, 2015 1:11 pm

strugglebus wrote:
justkeepswimming794 wrote:its just that most people, unable to fund sticker price unwilling to advise you to waste money, are going to tell you to do whatever it takes to get that cost down.
ftfy
fair. just saying if OP really has ZERO financial concerns and wasting money is not an issue... (tbh it should be)

BiglawAssociate

Bronze

Post by BiglawAssociate » Thu May 14, 2015 11:23 pm

tskela wrote:
BiglawAssociate wrote:
tskela wrote:If you come from a science or math background tbh you should be able to kill the LSAT
Why? Just because someone studied science/math doesn't mean they do well on standardized tests. Any asshole can study math/science at a TTT undergrad and ace easy as shit classes (not saying that's what happened here, but just because someone studied it doesn't mean jack shit).

Back to this thread - did OP already deposit? I thought deposits were due already.
I just feel that with the right type of studying and enough time, OP should have all he needs in the way of intrinsic logical/analytical skills coming from a STEM background to do well on the LSAT.
Logic isn't the hard part. Reading comp is, at least in my experience, and that section can't be improved IMO. Most engineers/scientists can't read worth shit. The MCAT verbal section is like a billion times easier than the LSAT Reading Comp, for example.

vvroses

New

Post by vvroses » Mon May 18, 2015 1:16 pm

vvroses wrote:
I plan to work in BigLaw to start and transition from there (interested in IP/tech).

My parents income prevents me from any need based grants. They are helping me finance law school.

vvroses

New

Re: Berkeley V Michigan

Post by vvroses » Mon May 18, 2015 1:16 pm

vvroses wrote:Basically contemplating between Berkeley at sticker or Michigan with $15, 000 each year. Also a Michigan instate resident (not a huge difference though).

I definitely would rather attend Berkeley, due to the IP law and tech focus, as well as connection to Cal firms. Visited the campus and really liked it. Just not sure if the money should hold me back.

Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Winston1984

Gold

Re: Berkeley V Michigan

Post by Winston1984 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:16 pm

vvroses wrote:
vvroses wrote:Basically contemplating between Berkeley at sticker or Michigan with $15, 000 each year. Also a Michigan instate resident (not a huge difference though).

I definitely would rather attend Berkeley, due to the IP law and tech focus, as well as connection to Cal firms. Visited the campus and really liked it. Just not sure if the money should hold me back.

Thoughts?
You should retake the LSAT. Don't go to Berkeley at sticker.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”