Maryland ($) vs. Brooklyn ($) vs. Camden ($) vs. Seton Hall Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ijomer

New

Maryland ($) vs. Brooklyn ($) vs. Camden ($) vs. Seton Hall

Post by ijomer » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:55 pm

I am confused as to which school is ideal for me... I have always wanted to live in a busy town like NYC.. but applied to Fordham too late and am still in waiting list...

Maryland is a First tier school, ideally it would be easy to transfer from a first tier school to a higher first tier school (IF 1L goes well ofcourse...) but Brooklyn would be comparatively easier.

Please help give me any info you can give me

I am considering Maryland and Brooklyn mostly, for now, Maryland because its in First Tier, and Brooklyn kuz its in NY but i would much rather go to Fordham

My lsat / gpa were 159 / 3.02

My career goals later on is to practice international law and go into politics, i have a diverse background and know 5 languages fluently, and have studied politics throughout my life,

I will take Loans.
Last edited by ijomer on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: Maryland ($) vs. Brooklyn ($) vs. Camden ($) vs. Seton Hall

Post by ilikebaseball » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:56 pm

In order to receive the best feedback in this forum, please provide as much of the following information in your original post as possible:

-The schools you are considering
-The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. COA = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships. Here is a helpful calculator.
-How you will be financing your COA, i.e. loans, family, or savings
-Where you are from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any)
-Your general career goals
-Your LSAT/GPA numbers
-How many times you have taken the LSAT

starry eyed

Gold

Re: Maryland ($) vs. Brooklyn ($) vs. Camden ($) vs. Seton Hall

Post by starry eyed » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:21 pm

this poster joined in 2012, has graduated law school by now almost, and now wants to study international law and go into politics. i call troll

this post confirms it
ijomer wrote:thanks for reply

I didn't know about the mid january thing, however, with a good mark and good lsat, it is worth it to wait until then i suppose...

i mean my gpa is 3.5 (best two yrs is 3.7 but lets not talk abt that yet)... im averaging in mid 60s in test, but i want to brake into 170... for which i extended my study period these two months...

although i will be down the picking order, but ive seen people be accepted as late as may and stuff with worse stats than me, and my lsat mark improving to excellent percentile should still not reduce my chances, eventhough my application would be considered latter?

so i am supposing from what you said that MOST people write their LSAT in october?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”