Best ways to prepare 0l for 4.0 GPA? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Best ways to prepare 0l for 4.0 GPA?

Post by BigZuck » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:38 pm

arewevoting wrote:everyone on this site is such a dickhead. we get it, 1L is a crap shoot, why even bother at all??? everyone is as smart as you! there is no way your effort can give you an advantage!!

OP was just asking where he can find some solid sample outlines or additional reading to familiarize him or herself about what the study of law entails. We don't need to jump down the poster's throat every single time...

That said, big props to Hand with the Masturbation comment, juxtaposition humor at its very finest.
Cool your horses there 0L, I happened to give the OP spectacular advice that was not only 110% spot on and fully answered the question, it was also delivered very respectfully and functionally ended the thread right there.

Maybe don't paint with such a broad brush next time eh Picasso?

Cute strawman though

Auxilio

Silver

Post by Auxilio » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:19 pm

arewevoting wrote:everyone on this site is such a dickhead. we get it, 1L is a crap shoot, why even bother at all??? everyone is as smart as you! there is no way your effort can give you an advantage!!

OP was just asking where he can find some solid sample outlines or additional reading to familiarize him or herself about what the study of law entails. We don't need to jump down the poster's throat every single time...

That said, big props to Hand with the Masturbation comment, juxtaposition humor at its very finest.
I think part of it is the combination of this thread + the top of cornell one.

Traynor Brah

Silver

Post by Traynor Brah » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:21 pm

LOL you are and idiot

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:24 pm

oh yea? well i had sex with your wife!

RCSOB657

Gold

Post by RCSOB657 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:19 pm

davidcasaletto wrote:Why's is everyone so concerned ? I don't think I'll be number one, but I'd like to try. Don't you guys remember those elementary school posters " shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars !"

Well that's just silly on so many levels. 1, no you may utterly fail. 2, missing the moon will put you less than .00258 AU closer to any star and that's assuming you overshoot towards Sol.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

davidcasaletto

New

Post by davidcasaletto » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:52 am

RCSOB657 wrote:
davidcasaletto wrote:Why's is everyone so concerned ? I don't think I'll be number one, but I'd like to try. Don't you guys remember those elementary school posters " shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars !"

Well that's just silly on so many levels. 1, no you may utterly fail. 2, missing the moon will put you less than .00258 AU closer to any star and that's assuming you overshoot towards Sol.
Even if you miss you might land among the stars?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:21 am

jbagelboy wrote:Lol

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:50 am

I saw the other thread and thought troll, but...

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:10 am

law graduates: post grades/study habits so 0L's can know whether to take your opinion (minus Zuck- i know he did well)

this is a potentially useful thread that's getting shit on bc the op is not likeable

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sandwhich

Bronze

Post by sandwhich » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:57 am

Why is this in this forum anyway?

Nekrowizard

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by Nekrowizard » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:06 am

Post removed.
Last edited by Nekrowizard on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlwaysLurking

New

Post by AlwaysLurking » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Hand wrote:The key is compulsive masturbation; start early
Unless you're an E.D. admit

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

starry eyed

Gold

Post by starry eyed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Nekrowizard wrote:
starry eyed wrote:law graduates: post grades/study habits so 0L's can know whether to take your opinion (minus Zuck- i know he did well)

this is a potentially useful thread that's getting shit on bc the op is not likeable
I don't think there's any consistency to it, which is the problem in the first place. I got a 4.0 with minimal studying. I read the assigned cases and older outlines and did a few practice tests after reading GTM. On the other hand, you've got that guy at UCLA in the TLS collected wisdom thread who slept 4.5 hours a night. On top of that, my lowest grade was in the class for which I'd read the E&E over the summer. Does that mean you shouldn't read anything? I don't know.
i've heard it's kinda like who can do the most simple math problems in an hour.

WheatThins

Bronze

Post by WheatThins » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:10 pm

starry eyed wrote:
Nekrowizard wrote:
starry eyed wrote:law graduates: post grades/study habits so 0L's can know whether to take your opinion (minus Zuck- i know he did well)

I don't think there's any consistency to it, which is the problem in the first place. I got a 4.0 with minimal studying. I read the assigned cases and older outlines and did a few practice tests after reading GTM. On the other hand, you've got that guy at UCLA in the TLS collected wisdom thread who slept 4.5 hours a night. On top of that, my lowest grade was in the class for which I'd read the E&E over the summer. Does that mean you shouldn't read anything? I don't know.
No, not really. It's like who can spot the most important issues, state the relevant law, apply the messy facts to the law, argue both sides, and bring in relevant policy concerns.

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:19 pm

WheatThins wrote:
starry eyed wrote:
Nekrowizard wrote:

No, not really. It's like who can spot the most important issues, state the relevant law, apply the messy facts to the law, argue both sides, and bring in relevant policy concerns.
On some exams, but way fewer than half of my exams have been traditional issue spotters.

Also, profs spend about 5 minutes per 1000 words grading exams, so lol at the idea that there's going to be anything but a huge margin of error as they try to sort through and grade 100 of the things on a forced curve.

Nekrowizard

Bronze

Post removed.

Post by Nekrowizard » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:39 am

Post removed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”