Georgia Schools Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SimbaJayward

New

Re: Georgia Schools

Post by SimbaJayward » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:55 am

6778628 wrote:You won't live in Atlanta because you view it as unsafe, but you're willing to live in Macon
Last edited by SimbaJayward on Tue May 31, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SimbaJayward

New

Post by SimbaJayward » Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:56 am

RCSOB657 wrote:how big of a town are you looking to work in? A good chunk of legal and political types in my area are Mercer grads. You said full tuition and living stipend, not sure how UGA could beat that if you're staying in state. That is unless you have the background (familial ties) that UGA could help you with. However, unless you do you won't get as much help from being a UGA Alumni as someone who had contacts.
Last edited by SimbaJayward on Tue May 31, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:44 am

Is your father a practicing attorney ? If so, do you plan to work with him. If so, then take the full tuition scholarship & stipend from Mercer since job placement is not a concern.

P.S. Curious as to how much the stipend is.

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:58 am

I went to Mercer with a stipend scholarship (Woodruff) -- happy to chat if you want to ask questions here or via PM. It really comes down to how much debt you're comfortable with and what you want to do after graduating. I was in the debt-averse, non-biglaw camp, so I am pretty happy with the decision.
CanadianWolf wrote:P.S. Curious as to how much the stipend is.
Judging from OP only having $5k expenses per year, I'm guessing it's the Woodruff scholarship, which is a $5k annual stipend. Mercer also has/had the George scholarship, which is a $3.5K stipend for each summer spent working in public service (6 weeks). Mercer also has/had $1K annual stipend for Mercer undergrads.

LafayetteJeff

New

Post by LafayetteJeff » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Mercer for free works for you.

Plain and simple, unless you are considering a law school in Somolia, general perceptions of crime in a city should not inform your law school decision. Grow up, folks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”