Emroy $$, Tulane $$ or U Iowa Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bbrown90

New

Emroy $$, Tulane $$ or U Iowa

Post by bbrown90 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:32 pm

Hey Guys- trying to make final decisions. I am not sure what kind of law I want to practice, but want to be involved with international programs and human rights. Possibly litigation as well- we'll see if I don't bomb. Or maybe I will change my mind 6 other times.

I realize these schools are all over the place, but I am not concerned about location. I would be happy to end up in any of these areas. Except Iowa- but they place pretty well outside of state from what I understand. Plus, my 2nd and 3rd year I would have in-state tuition which is much more palatable.

Anyway- what do you guys think about these schools in terms of reputation and employment? I am having trouble ranking them.

Here is my pro/con list so far, please feel free to add.

Emory- Pro: great reputation in the area, $57,000 scholly over 3 years, ties to Atlanta, fantastic International Law program
Con: I've heard many horror stories about Emory students- can anyone speak to this?
Tulane- $60,000 scholly, LOVE New Orleans, laid back atmosphere, fantastic International Law program and one of the largest collections of International Law
Con- less prestigious, COA is still right up there with Emory. Possibly can get more money from this one though.

Winston1984

Gold

Re: Emroy $$, Tulane $$ or U Iowa

Post by Winston1984 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:37 pm

In order to receive the best feedback in this forum, please provide as much of the following information in your original post as possible:

-The schools you are considering
-The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. COA = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships. Here is a helpful calculator.
-How you will be financing your COA, i.e. loans, family, or savings
-Where you are from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any)
-Your general career goals
-Your LSAT/GPA numbers
-How many times you have taken the LSAT

Return to “Choosing a Law School”