How valuable is a t14, really? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: How valuable is a t14, really?

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:38 am

RobertGolddust wrote:
You take that 162 LSAT and you go kill em Robert Golddust! Don't you dare do things now which could help you alleviate some of the risk, like retaking the LSAT! Get rich son!
lol I'm probably going to retake. Its just disgusting to listen to people complain about the legal profession when its better than 95% of the careers out there.
Good to hear. I'm just worried because you sound like I did before I decided to retake.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:43 am

xxxxx
Last edited by RobertGolddust on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:45 am

Good to hear. I'm just worried because you sound like I did before I decided to retake.
I appreciate the concern

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:23 am

I'm aggressive, charismatic, good looking, and confident, but I'm like an average lawyer at best. no family money though. maybe that's the key.

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:24 am

Isn't it always?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:25 am

RobertGolddust wrote:
You take that 162 LSAT and you go kill em Robert Golddust! Don't you dare do things now which could help you alleviate some of the risk, like retaking the LSAT! Get rich son!
lol I'm probably going to retake. Its just disgusting to listen to people complain about the legal profession when its better than 95% of the careers out there.
ya and low costs of entry too!

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:33 am

fats provolone wrote:I'm aggressive, charismatic, good looking, and confident, but I'm like an average lawyer at best. no family money though. maybe that's the key.
Why don't you think you're a good attorney?

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:07 am

RobertGolddust wrote:
Most people don't say that. The lawyers that really make a lot of money aren't actually in biglaw - they're lawyers like this: http://www.forbes.com/profile/joe-jamail-jr/
Yes, this guy is an ubermensh.

My guess is that a T14 is a nice easy route to the good life. But my guess is that the best lawyers are born with gifts: aggression, charisma, confidence, good looks, maybe family money. Those gifts are more important than a T14 any day.
My guess is that you learned everything you know about the legal profession by watching suits.

I mean, look at the Supreme Court. One could argue that the 9 justices are "the best lawyers" in the country. As a group, they hardly display aggression, charisma, confidence (given their station), and good looks.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:41 am

TheUnicornHunter wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:
Most people don't say that. The lawyers that really make a lot of money aren't actually in biglaw - they're lawyers like this: http://www.forbes.com/profile/joe-jamail-jr/
Yes, this guy is an ubermensh.

My guess is that a T14 is a nice easy route to the good life. But my guess is that the best lawyers are born with gifts: aggression, charisma, confidence, good looks, maybe family money. Those gifts are more important than a T14 any day.
My guess is that you learned everything you know about the legal profession by watching suits.

I mean, look at the Supreme Court. One could argue that the 9 justices are "the best lawyers" in the country. As a group, they hardly display aggression, charisma, confidence (given their station), and good looks.
Yeah but they all went to HY. We've scientifically established that HLS in particular is full of whackobirds and it obviously isn't hurting their job prospects. And Yalies can do whatever unicorn law they like.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Johann

Diamond

Post by Johann » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:48 am

Yeah I don't think anyone would consider the Supreme Court the best lawyers in the world. They don't make that much money and they write opinions instead of advocating or accomplishing any deals.
Judges and law profs are the biggest failures of lawyers. They are just at the pinnacle of failure. (Not that I blame for them for bouncing though)

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:50 am

JohannDeMann wrote:Yeah I don't think anyone would consider the Supreme Court the best lawyers in the world. They don't make that much money and they write opinions instead of advocating or accomplishing any deals.
Judges and law profs are the biggest failures of lawyers. They are just at the pinnacle of failure. (Not that I blame for them for bouncing though)
They've hit the fucking jackpot, so it's not like they GAF. There are probably few cushier or more rewarding jobs in the world than federal judgeship, and law professorship isn't far behind.

poutine

New

Post by poutine » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:06 am

Yeah, I think your only options are to accept this binding offer or to sit this year out. You wouldn't want your first act as a lawyer(-in-training) to be one where you go back on your word.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”