Chicago $$$ vs HLS (How much does lay rep matter?) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jingosaur

Gold

Re: Chicago $$$ vs HLS (How much does lay rep matter?)

Post by jingosaur » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:42 pm

HLSorChicago wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
HLSorChicago wrote:
tskela wrote:In my experience, Chicago definitely has lay prestige based off of its UG. I'm pretty sure the entire top 10% of my high school class were targeting UChicago. It could just be the area I'm in, but everyone knows Chicago is prestigious.

Totally anecdotal, I realize. But I wouldn't worry about the lay prestige issue too much.
Totally anecdotal, but my Harvard acceptance has already gotten me laid twice, and I'm no Gosling. I have a douchey personality (can't you tell?) so I don't think it was some sort of placebo effect/illusory confidence boost; it was teh Harvard. As we speak, I am opening my FB to a bunch of hotties' (who have ignored me for years) flirty "congratulations" Facebook messages. Maybe the six figure debt is worth it; at least I won't have to fly to Nevada or Thailand with HLS!
i'm assuming you're joking (it's funny!), also posting acceptances on fb.. meh.. not attractive.
Of course I didn't post my HLS acceptance to FB. (I had my sister post it to hers, duh.)
So obviously what you need to do is to project how many times you'll get laid because of HLS over the next 3 years (because after that you'll be using your law firm's name, or just saying that you work at a prestigious law firm, to get laid) and multiply that number by the cost of a trip to Nevada or Thailand. If that number is more than $100k, then go to HLS.

/thread

jingosaur

Gold

Post by jingosaur » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:46 pm

jbagelboy wrote:so, my authoritative pseudo-scientific workup of lay prestige for colleges (all, not just law schools) has UChicago at 11th. Not too shabby. (Princeton is #1, FYI).
Did someone who always wore Harvard sweaters abuse you as a kid or something?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:58 pm

jingosaur wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:so, my authoritative pseudo-scientific workup of lay prestige for colleges (all, not just law schools) has UChicago at 11th. Not too shabby. (Princeton is #1, FYI).
Did someone who always wore Harvard sweaters abuse you as a kid or something?
haha. it's funny, because my dad always wore this harvard sweater. I have my own sweater and sweatpants that I still like wearing around the house.

Power_of_Facing

Bronze

Post by Power_of_Facing » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:28 pm

I hate this thread so, so much.

Winston1984

Gold

Post by Winston1984 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:31 pm

Power_of_Facing wrote:I hate this thread so, so much.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:43 pm

is a certain mystique worth 200k?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”