Adopt-A-State completed! Thanks everyone! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
wingding

Bronze

Re: Adopt-A-State completed! Thanks everyone!

Post by wingding » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Julius wrote:"Of the 19.8% of students starting in the private sector and reporting their salaries, the mean salary was $96,981, with 25% of those graduates making over $134,000 [LOL], which is less than 5% of the class."

I wonder who is responsible for each clause.
I added the bolded this morning

wingding

Bronze

Post by wingding » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:48 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:The salary statistics could use some tuning up for Newark. It's really difficult to get an idea of how few people the salaries represent. I'd use http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/ ... sals/2012/ as a guide for how to talk about it.

Otherwise, it looks like they removed the debt-finance figures. ETA: maybe those were never in there?
I put those in. They removed them. Then they touched up the salary figures.

As for the graduates making over $134k, my math says 12 (25% of 48 students reporting)
A fact I just put in there.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:19 pm

Good job. Stay on these vultures.

jenesaislaw

Silver

Post by jenesaislaw » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:52 am

Wow.. Really need to keep an eye on them.

MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:15 am

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wingding

Bronze

Post by wingding » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:35 am

MistakenGenius wrote:Glad someone mentioned this. I went through all my schools again to check to see if any had been changed. While a lot of people manipulated their data (not a big deal to work with), only two of my schools flat-out deleted the Employment and costs sections. One was Mercer Law (officially known as Walter F. George Law) and the other was, shockingly, our favorite law school, Cooley. Cooley is fucked with all the time so could someone help me keep an eye on these two? Thanks.

BTW, did anyone know that Cooley has apparently partnered with Western Michigan recently?
yeah, about a year ago, I think. They renamed themselves to combine both names, if I remember correctly. Something about preserving the Cooley name because it had a great reputation, or some other barf-worthy press release

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:39 am

awesome thread. I wish we could remove stuff that is obviously just misinformation PR crap like stating how awesome their bar passage rates are.

Nomo

Silver

Post by Nomo » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:17 am

james.bungles wrote:awesome thread. I wish we could remove stuff that is obviously just misinformation PR crap like stating how awesome their bar passage rates are.
You can and should remove anything that is editorialized. Actual bar passage rates belong in the article. Statements about how awesome the bar passage rate is should probably go. Ideally the entire article is factual and not subject to dispute. It is OK to describe a related criticism, praise, or interpretation but you should be explaining that the criticism exists rather than making the criticism or endorsing the criticism.

And on that note I've noticed that some of you use the word "only" in describing how many students get jobs (ex: "only 48% of students report full-time long-term legal employment). I don't think its a huge deal, but I think you would be more in line with wikipedia standards if you took that out.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:19 am

Nomo, that sounds fair. Mine don't use "only." I agree.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Attax

Gold

Post by Attax » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:03 am

I should check up on mine to see how many Texas TTTTs changed theirs

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”