Planning on Transferring from Chicago TT to UChicago? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Clyde Frog

Platinum

Re: Planning on Transferring from Chicago TT to UChicago?

Post by Clyde Frog » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Cicero76 wrote:I have more than one friend who "chose" GW over GULC when they never actually got into GULC, or "was on the waitlist" at Harvard but ended up at Stetson because they "had a scholarship there." People really like to exaggerate their options for some reason. There's a real good chance your friend is trying to make himself look good; might be best just to let him have his little thing and not push it.
In your friends' defenses your cycle is pretty God damn intimidating. I would probably say that Harvard threw me a secret scholarship called a Sapphire that gives you a full-ride along with the ability to breathe underwater.

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Nah, if this person is smart enough to get into UChicago (and he definitely did), he'll be smart enough to finish at the top of his class at his TT and transfer to UChicago. There's no way that this plan doesn't work out.

Lebrarian_Booker

Silver

Post by Lebrarian_Booker » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:54 pm

moonman157 wrote:Nah, if this person is smart enough to get into UChicago (and he definitely did), he'll be smart enough to finish at the top of his class at his TT and transfer to UChicago. There's no way that this plan doesn't work out.

mephistofeles

New

Post by mephistofeles » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Lebrarian_Booker wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:I have more than one friend who "chose" GW over GULC when they never actually got into GULC, or "was on the waitlist" at Harvard but ended up at Stetson because they "had a scholarship there." People really like to exaggerate their options for some reason. There's a real good chance your friend is trying to make himself look good; might be best just to let him have his little thing and not push it.
The "friend" is OP
Obviously, not...because otherwise I would not be making this thread...

mephistofeles

New

Post by mephistofeles » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:41 pm

I can understand the rationale behind this...but it is good to know that she is not crazy...just maybe a little vain...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:43 pm

moonman157 wrote:Nah, if this person is smart enough to get into UChicago (and he definitely did), he'll be smart enough to finish at the top of his class at his TT and transfer to UChicago. There's no way that this plan doesn't work out.
Image (LinkRemoved)

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:04 pm

lol

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:
Image (LinkRemoved)
Lol definitely not serious. I was hoping that that last sentence would have made that clear, but sarcasm is always really difficult to convey over the internet.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:24 pm

If your friend rally wants to go to Chicago and feels like they need to lie about admissions then just tell them to sit out this year and retake the lsat instead of relying on transferring.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Post by withoutapaddle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm

I'd imagine even transferring from a 15th-20th ranked school into U of Chicago would be nearly impossible if you're not in the Top 10%

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:53 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:lol
This

LafayetteJeff

New

Post by LafayetteJeff » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:58 pm

This is wack. I understand the motivation, but the plan will blow up, and simply fail to accomplish the person's goals and interests.

bugsy33

Bronze

Post by bugsy33 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:54 am

I think it's pretty clear that your friend is lying. If she had actually gotten into UChi she'd have money at Northwestern and UMich and full rides to every non-t-14 B1G school, plus WashU, and Notre Dame. Choosing any Chicago TT over those schools would be literally retarded. If she's dead set on staying in the Chicago area then she should look at ND, UIUC, and UW which are only a couple hour away.

Loyola and Kent aren't awful law schools, but they are awful options if you have UChi as your top option.

My guess is your friend had a 155-159 LSAT and a middling 3.XX GPA. Again, not embarrassingly bad, but nowhere close to UChi levels.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

donewithannarbor

New

Post by donewithannarbor » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:39 pm

Everything on this thread is blowing my mind.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”