Question for Students and Alumni of University of Florida Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
LOLyer

Bronze

Question for Students and Alumni of University of Florida

Post by LOLyer » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:26 pm

I will be attending the University of Florida for their Tax LL.M. program this coming Fall. I will not be visiting the area before I move there, and I was hoping to get some insider information on places to live in Gainesville. I'm looking for a furnished single bedroom apartment unit, preferably for under $700 a month for rent. I'd really like a quiet location that houses mainly graduate/professional students, and I'd like to be as close to the law school as possible.

Can somebody familiar with the area offer some recommendations on places that come reasonably close to meeting these criteria? Is there a particular apartment complex that houses a lot of grad students?

Thanks in advance.

Tennislover8

New

Re: Question for Students and Alumni of University of Florida

Post by Tennislover8 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:35 pm

I have spent 5 years in Gainesville (undergrad/masters) I would avoid Continuum which is advertised only to grad students but it is a rip off. If you want to be close to the law school but dont mind an older building anything along 34th street from newberry to archer is good including apartments like cazabella, which hold mostly law students. They are about to open a new apartment complex off 34th street called the grove, they are trying to finish it by next fall. I would look into that one. I am not sure about the prices however.

Good luck PM if you need more info...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”