UGA v. WAKE v. FSU Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UGA v. WAKE v. FSU

UGA FOR $75k
21%
WAKE FOR $51k
71%
FSU FOR $70k
7%

Total votes: 14

Charlestonsfb60

New

UGA v. WAKE v. FSU

Post by Charlestonsfb60 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:42 pm

Ok need to make a decision here pretty soon. My wife is getting antsy with her new degree and wants to start applying for jobs where ever I want to move. My laptop crashed so this is on iPhone. Sorry for any potential errors.
Considering:
UGA- total COA $75k
Wake- total COA $51k
FSU- total COA $70k
(may actually be a bit lower than estimated depending on how much my wife is able to make, she has a very portable and practical degree. These numbers are worst case scenario)

Have lived in FL, GA, and SC. Most ties in GA and SC. Don't really have preference of where I want to live/work. Love ATL and Athens, FL has nice weather and I grew up there, NC (winston-Salem) seems cool and a great place to raise family.
Funding LS through loans and some marginal family support for rent, books, etc.

I would like to get into PI as either an ADA or PD so debt is a big deal for me. I love FSU's PI programs and externships but they also have no LRAP. My background is in criminal justice.
No real preference as to where I live long- term.
Have taken LSAT twice.
I think that is all from sticky. Would really just like some opinions from people who know about the market, hiring, and this whole process. Family and friebds, bless their hearts, just can't cut it at this point.

Kanye West

Bronze

Re: UGA v. WAKE v. FSU

Post by Kanye West » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:08 pm

I'd say Wake if you're ok with staying NC. It seems easier to start an affordable/comfortable family life in Winston-Salem, rather than ATL. Also, $$$.

Plus, Wake is pretty dope.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 pm

I'd do FSU bc you are from FL and FL has more cities worth livin in than GA

AT9

Gold

Post by AT9 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:19 pm

You don't have much of a living preference, so debt is what counts most. Especially since you want to be a ADA or PD.

Wake leaves you with the least debt, so it seems to be the best option. Also, the Winston-Salem/Greensboro metro is significantly larger than Tally or Athens, so it'd probably offer the most opportunities for your wife.

I'm married as well and heading to Wake, so let me know if you end up there!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”