Should I stay or should I go?
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:36 pm
NYU @ sticker ($295k), financed entirely through loans. From NYC, want to work in NYC, zero ties elsewhere. Goal is big law. 3.4/180.
I didn't apply to enough schools, and the only option I'm seriously considering is NYU (other options are NU and GULC at near-sticker). Unsuccessful at negotiating aid and appeal was denied -- zero merit or need aid.
I'm committed to attending law school, but not committed to attending now. I'd certainly prefer to attend as soon as possible, but if there is a significant possibility that next cycle will yield $$ from other T14s with excellent NYC big law placement, I will wait. Unfortunately, I am below every T14's GPA 25th.
Thoughts?
ETA: strongly prefer to stay in NYC. SO has career here. But we're both okay with distance if the $$ is right.
I didn't apply to enough schools, and the only option I'm seriously considering is NYU (other options are NU and GULC at near-sticker). Unsuccessful at negotiating aid and appeal was denied -- zero merit or need aid.
I'm committed to attending law school, but not committed to attending now. I'd certainly prefer to attend as soon as possible, but if there is a significant possibility that next cycle will yield $$ from other T14s with excellent NYC big law placement, I will wait. Unfortunately, I am below every T14's GPA 25th.
Thoughts?
ETA: strongly prefer to stay in NYC. SO has career here. But we're both okay with distance if the $$ is right.