Picking a LS if unsure of where I will practice... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Aristocat

New

Picking a LS if unsure of where I will practice...

Post by Aristocat » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:26 pm

Hey guys, first post from a long time lurker here. I'm retaking the LSAT this June to improve my scholarship chances, shooting for a 170+ which should put me in contention in the T-14. I plan to visit some schools soon (planning a road trip) and I would like to visit the schools that I would most likely be seriously considering.

I'm predominantly considering San Fran, Chicago, New York or coming back home after LS to Miami to practice. Since I'm unsure, is there an established hierarchy of national recognition among T-14 schools?

In other words would a degree from UChicago transfer as easily to San Fran practice as a Stanford degree would transfer to practicing in Miami or Chicago, etc? Also, I may like to end up in academia in the tail end of my career, in case that plays a role in school recommendation.

Thanks

PrideandGlory1776

Bronze

Re: Picking a LS if unsure of where I will practice...

Post by PrideandGlory1776 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 pm

Get the best LSAT score you can, get into the best school you can with the most money you can and then come back and we can give better advise. Till then it's really to difficult to give really useful advise at this point in your application process

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Picking a LS if unsure of where I will practice...

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Harvard has the most nationwide flexibility and is best for Florida. It should be your target.

If you decide definitively on CA, Stanford becomes the dominating force. If NY, then CLS w/ $$ is your best option. For nationwide reach tho HLS is TCr

Return to “Choosing a Law School”