Vanderbilt ($) vs. Wake Forest ($$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where should I go?

Vandy at $90K
66%
Wake Forest at $10K
29%
Other (please see below and explain)
5%

Total votes: 38

Hutz_and_Goodman

Gold

Re: Vanderbilt ($) vs. Wake Forest ($$$)

Post by Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:59 pm

AT9 wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:Wake Forest > Vanderbilt > don't go to law school > duke at sticker.
Finally someone in favor of Wake chimes in. Why would you say Wake over Vandy? Also Duke wouldn't be real sticker...with my wife working, it'd be like $150K or so.

Also, I'm visiting Wake next week - would a friendly visit to Duke help my chances at all of getting off the WL?
If you do well at a school like wake Forest you will have a good chance at big law. If you do badly you'll have a law degree (which is valuable) with minimal debt. I think this is the best course of action for a lot if reasons. Even with your wife working 150k is a huge amount of money. In a lot of areas of the US that's a fully paid off 2 or 3 bedroom house.

cotiger

Gold

Post by cotiger » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:18 am

rad lulz wrote:
BigZuck wrote:I don't get why so many people are wishing sticker at Duke upon the OP. He seems leery of debt, and doesn't want soul-crushing work.
This
But, T14!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:14 am

AT9 wrote:
Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:Wake Forest > Vanderbilt > don't go to law school > duke at sticker.
Finally someone in favor of Wake chimes in. Why would you say Wake over Vandy? Also Duke wouldn't be real sticker...with my wife working, it'd be like $150K or so.

Also, I'm visiting Wake next week - would a friendly visit to Duke help my chances at all of getting off the WL?
Not really. A retake would however.

Keep in mind that I jumped from a lower LSAT score than you to a 169 and I got 90K at Duke. And I had a lower GPA.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”