Grads Employed in California Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dd235

Bronze

Grads Employed in California

Post by dd235 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:56 am

Hey TLS,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am interested in California law schools, and don't really have any interest in practicing out of state (I know, sucks for me). Because of this, I put together a doc using LST 2012 employment data about the number of total employed law school grads in California (for the Class of 2012). To get these numbers, I multiplied the percent of grads employed in long-term, full-time legal jobs within 9 months of graduation ("Employment Score") by the total number of graduates, and then multiplied this by the percentage of those employed in the state of California.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=2

Obviously, California is an extremely large state and even though there are more USD grads than Santa Clara grads in the state, USD grads are concentrated in San Diego while Santa Clara grads are concentrated in Northern California. But I thought that the data was somewhat interesting in terms of generally what to expect with regards to the alumni base at each school (Because we all know that outside of Stanford and Berkeley, alumni are extremely important in California).

Anyways, I don't have any questions. Just thought this could be useful for some others.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Grads Employed in California

Post by BigZuck » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:27 am

I really don't mean for this to be snarky, but...

What are people supposed to do with this information?

Also, not sure if you've played around with this before, but you can filter by law school (and a lot of other categories):
http://californiabar.globl.org/

dd235

Bronze

Re: Grads Employed in California

Post by dd235 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 am

Haha no snarkiness taken.

This is just me screwing around with numbers in my free time, but that site is definitely what I was looking for.

Thanks

Return to “Choosing a Law School”