Stanford Vs. Chicago (Again) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
unc0mm0n1

Gold

Re: Stanford Vs. Chicago (Again)

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:18 pm

--ImageRemoved--

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:42 pm

The Brainalist wrote:Sinfiery had posted this in a Harvard v. Chicago thread, which was a pretty surprising statistic given the TLS echo chamber:

http://www.nationaljurist.com/content/w ... law-school

Of course everyone is going to respond self-selection, yada yada... but I don't think that explains the almost double rate of partners Chicago has over Stanford. There can be tons of reasons for this, but, at the very least, it tends to undermine arguments that those who want to be lawyers should forego scholarships to schools like Chicago over HYS.

Edited to add: That thing about using your own money from savings to cover part of what sounds like close to full-boat at Stanford makes a difference. That should be added back into your cost of attendance, although you wouldn't have to add interest to it.
I am legitimately surprised that Cooley didn't make the list considering the reputation of some of those other schools on there (not much better) and the ridiculous number of grads Cooley sends out every year.

unc0mm0n1

Gold

Post by unc0mm0n1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:49 pm

Crowing wrote:
The Brainalist wrote:Sinfiery had posted this in a Harvard v. Chicago thread, which was a pretty surprising statistic given the TLS echo chamber:

http://www.nationaljurist.com/content/w ... law-school

Of course everyone is going to respond self-selection, yada yada... but I don't think that explains the almost double rate of partners Chicago has over Stanford. There can be tons of reasons for this, but, at the very least, it tends to undermine arguments that those who want to be lawyers should forego scholarships to schools like Chicago over HYS.

Edited to add: That thing about using your own money from savings to cover part of what sounds like close to full-boat at Stanford makes a difference. That should be added back into your cost of attendance, although you wouldn't have to add interest to it.
I am legitimately surprised that Cooley didn't make the list considering the reputation of some of those other schools on there (not much better) and the ridiculous number of grads Cooley sends out every year.
They did. Number 141.

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 am

Oh my b. We throw the colloquial name around so much that I forget that it's not actually the full name.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”