Temple (no debt) v Cornell (sticker) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Temple ($$$) v Cornell (sticker)

Temple
21%
Cornell
40%
Retake
39%

Total votes: 57

TUICE

New

Re: Temple (no debt) v Cornell (sticker)

Post by TUICE » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
jas1503 wrote:
TUICE wrote:I have narrowed down my choices to Temple and Cornell

-Cornell COA = full sticker and according to their website it's 77k a year. I have some savings and family contributions that I can count on for 125k, which leaves about 105-110k to be debt financed.
"...A man refers to his Trust Fund as 'savings'"
Lol yea this always cracks me up on TLS.

"Savings" is the $4000 you scrapped working PT senior yr at the science library and tutoring lin algebra so you can couchsurf across italy for 2 wks after graduation

$120,000 is a mother fucking ESTATE. Its not "savings". You didnt "save" it, you were entrusted with it or granted it by a very wealthy patron.

The distinction, and what it implies about an individuals' financial security, is so often lost here, along with the dangerous linguistic and socio-economic repercussions of confusing $ on that scale
I apologize, I was just trying to provide the best possible representation of my financial situation so I could get the most useful advice.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Temple (no debt) v Cornell (sticker)

Post by jbagelboy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:12 pm

TUICE wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
jas1503 wrote:
TUICE wrote:I have narrowed down my choices to Temple and Cornell

-Cornell COA = full sticker and according to their website it's 77k a year. I have some savings and family contributions that I can count on for 125k, which leaves about 105-110k to be debt financed.
"...A man refers to his Trust Fund as 'savings'"
Lol yea this always cracks me up on TLS.

"Savings" is the $4000 you scrapped working PT senior yr at the science library and tutoring lin algebra so you can couchsurf across italy for 2 wks after graduation

$120,000 is a mother fucking ESTATE. Its not "savings". You didnt "save" it, you were entrusted with it or granted it by a very wealthy patron.

The distinction, and what it implies about an individuals' financial security, is so often lost here, along with the dangerous linguistic and socio-economic repercussions of confusing $ on that scale
I apologize, I was just trying to provide the best possible representation of my financial situation so I could get the most useful advice.
Dude dont sweat it no problem. Its a generic issue, Ive made plenty of questionable statements on here. White kids from the burbs arent gonna get it anytime soon anyway.

You did a great job providing CoA and debt figures. So many threads fail to do so

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”