PSA for the Hesitant Masses Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
justonemoregame

Silver

PSA for the Hesitant Masses

Post by justonemoregame » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:24 pm

It's late in the cycle, but many of you are still struggling to choose a law school. Many of you may be wavering on whether or not to attend at all (read: pay sticker or close to it). Many of you are still holding out hope for a WL acceptance at a better school, or an increase in aid through negotiation.

Start applying for jobs now.

You may find yourself backing out at the last minute in August, like I did last year. Although I had some resources to fall back on at the time, I still had to struggle to find reasonable full-time employment. Sometimes it can take several weeks or a few months or whatever. Maybe you have your summer expenses covered, but will need to line something up if you decide to take a year off and reapply.

Worst case scenario - you got some experience job searching, typing cover letters, polishing your resume, interviewing, and an appreciation for how time-consuming are the previous. This is all more important than that stupid law book you're gonna read again in November. A lot of good could come out of it anyway, something legit may turn up. You'd be surprised at what opportunities come up when you try. Naturally, this advice, as obvious and parental as it may appear, holds especialy true for K-JDs who could benefit from resume filler.

If you think your options are weak, try to give yourself more.

sublime

Diamond

Re: PSA for the Hesitant Masses

Post by sublime » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:52 am

sanjola

Bronze

Re: PSA for the Hesitant Masses

Post by sanjola » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:04 pm

sublime wrote:Or take a really shitty job if you have to. At worst, it will make you appreciate the opportunities law school can provide all the more :D
+1

Return to “Choosing a Law School”