Wake Forest Vs. UNC Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
valrath

New

Re: Wake Forest Vs. UNC

Post by valrath » Wed May 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Jctrevor wrote:I will start by saying I agree that the retaking and really pushing for a better option sounds the best to me. (I already mentioned this to her once and I understand she wants to get started sooner rather then later...) We don't need the income and short term delay could make a big difference in schools/jobs for her.

So basic questions:

With studying/retake she wouldn't apply until next year correct?C/O 2017?
How many times can she take it (1 more?) 3 takes on a test doesn't look odd?
I would think the June test would be too soon to take...so shoot for October? With applications out after the results?
Will this time off really hurt her much if she re-applies next year?

Yes, C/O 2017
You can take it 3 times, most schools don't mind
October or December, depending on how ready she feels
I don't think the time off will hurt her (unless she gets bored of studying for the LSAT day and night)

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Wed May 29, 2013 5:54 pm

CaptainLeela wrote:
Jctrevor wrote:I will start by saying I agree that the retaking and really pushing for a better option sounds the best to me. (I already mentioned this to her once and I understand she wants to get started sooner rather then later...) We don't need the income and short term delay could make a big difference in schools/jobs for her.

So basic questions:

I would think the June test would be too soon to take...so shoot for October? With applications out after the results?
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=208084

This will answer many questions. Duke showed me lots of love as a re-applicant
Duke showed my "friend" a lot of love as someone who took the test three times and never even broke 170.

CaptainLeela

Platinum

Welcome to TLS

Post by CaptainLeela » Wed May 29, 2013 5:56 pm

Welcome to TLS

Jctrevor

New

Post by Jctrevor » Wed May 29, 2013 6:03 pm

TY

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Wed May 29, 2013 6:11 pm

CaptainLeela wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
CaptainLeela wrote:

So basic questions:

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 2&t=208084

This will answer many questions. Duke showed me lots of love as a re-applicant
Duke showed my "friend" a lot of love as someone who took the test three times and never even broke 170.
Oh...I wouldn't know anyone like that at all....no.... :lol:
:shock: Are you two engaged?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 pm

jbagelboy wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:
Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:Some serious studying/a tutor and another couple points on another retake could change your fiancee's life and give her a good shot if she EDs at UVA (guaranteed an answer in fifteen days, so you can ED again if it doesn't work out) or Duke. That's a better option than anything else, IMO.
Did Mono just tell someone to retake and ED UVA!?!
I knew you had some of that TLS hivemind inside of you. Wasn't so bad was it?
Welcome to the chamber Mono! The Echo's fine!
lol

as i predicted
The honor is mine, gents.

Different folks have different optimal solutions, but too many months of lurking just primes me to say "retake" on these threads like it's a bad case of the hiccups.

Reasons I tell someone to ED UVA, in order of relevance to me:

1. Blatant Charlottesville-bound bias/insistence that low acceptance rate massaged more than an American Soldier in Saigon means UVA deserves to jump NYU.
2. Anger that the State University of New Jersey-Durham gets called the "most southern" T14
3. Dismissive and apathetic sarcasm masking my secret shame of terrible LSAT reverse splitters/subsequent arrogance and demanding if UVA let Person X in, then I should've gotten a full scholly/not-so-secret jealousy of the people with above-median GPAs/more shame upon realizing my VA residency is a giant affirmative action program
4. Approval of fifteen-day turnaround/befuddlement at inability of other schools to get back quickly to someone you can make pay sticker/inability to tell applicants to wait after this cycle eviscerated my patience
5. Actually the best course of action for them to take

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 29, 2013 6:24 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Welcome to the chamber Mono! The Echo's fine!
lol

as i predicted
The honor is mine, gents.

Different folks have different optimal solutions, but too many months of lurking just primes me to say "retake" on these threads like it's a bad case of the hiccups.

Reasons I tell someone to ED UVA, in order of relevance to me:

1. Blatant Charlottesville-bound bias/insistence that low acceptance rate massaged more than an American soldier in Saigon means UVA deserves to jump NYU.
2. Anger that the State University of New Jersey-Durham gets called the "most southern" T14
3. Dismissive and apathetic sarcasm masking my secret shame of terrible LSAT reverse splitters/subsequent arrogance and demanding if UVA let Person X in, then I should've gotten a full scholly/not-so-secret jealousy of the people with above-median GPAs/more shame upon realizing my VA residency is a giant affirmative action program
4. Approval of fifteen-day turnaround/befuddlement at inability of other schools to get back quickly to someone you can make pay sticker/inability to tell applicants to wait after this cycle eviscerated my patience
5. Actually the best course of action for them to take
Incorrigible anti-Duke trolling here

Informative

Bronze

Post by Informative » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:29 am

You won't likely get a "large private" firm from either school, so you're goal should be to keep your debt down. Go to whichever is cheapest.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”