Accepted to Ave Maria, Florida Coastal, and Charleston Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: Accepted to Ave Maria, Florida Coastal, and Charleston

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri May 24, 2013 3:44 pm

OP, get an office job and call it a career. It's a way better choice. Starting salary is around 30k/yr. Maybe put enough time in to earn a management position (45k/yr). Get married. Have kids. Buy a house. Live happily ever after.

Ti Malice

Gold

Post by Ti Malice » Fri May 24, 2013 5:10 pm

RAWR wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:
gpallet01 wrote:why do people on this board always reply to flame posts?
Srsly... someone with a 2.67 / 150 posting on TOP-law-schools? It can only be a flame.

Unfortunately, I don't think so - look at post history.

RRRRRRRREEEEETAKE!
Yep. Don't think this one is a flame.

Two things to keep in mind: (1) TLS is the top Google search result for law school message boards. (2) Every year, many thousands of people make the same kind of life-ruining decision that OP is considering.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Fri May 24, 2013 5:11 pm

There's a law school called Ave Maria? Jesus

dw3

New

Post by dw3 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Under absolutely NO circumstances should you attend ANY of these schools. EVER.

dw3

New

Post by dw3 » Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:ur fuked

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mr.hands

Silver

Post by mr.hands » Fri May 24, 2013 6:00 pm

jbrewer202 wrote:I am trying to decide where I want to attend, I live in Florida and want to go out of state because this will probably be my last chance to experience life outside of the Sunshine State. I am on wait list at mercer and I am really hoping to attend there in the fall, I have to send my deposit to Charleston soon if that is where I want to go.
I just wanted some of yalls input on which school you would attend. I have a 2.67 and a 150 with some serious life experiences and I know those are horrible scores, but I didn't want to attend a big school. I am leaning towards Charleston but I jsut wanted to hear some additional input before I send a check.

Thanks for your time

Didn't "want to?"

Why? I really want to hear (1) what this means and (2) why not?

(this is not a mean spirited comment, i'm being 100% serious in an effort to help. if this is just based on a misunderstanding of the legal market, ok cool you can be conviced to retake and reapply.)

untar614

Silver

Post by untar614 » Fri May 24, 2013 6:04 pm

mr.hands wrote:
jbrewer202 wrote:I am trying to decide where I want to attend, I live in Florida and want to go out of state because this will probably be my last chance to experience life outside of the Sunshine State. I am on wait list at mercer and I am really hoping to attend there in the fall, I have to send my deposit to Charleston soon if that is where I want to go.
I just wanted some of yalls input on which school you would attend. I have a 2.67 and a 150 with some serious life experiences and I know those are horrible scores, but I didn't want to attend a big school. I am leaning towards Charleston but I jsut wanted to hear some additional input before I send a check.

Thanks for your time

Didn't "want to?"

Why? I really want to hear (1) what this means and (2) why not?

(this is not a mean spirited comment, i'm being 100% serious in an effort to help. if this is just based on a misunderstanding of the legal market, ok cool you can be conviced to retake and reapply.)
Yeah, and Florida Coastal is a big school - very big. A lot of the top schools are actually fairly small.

North

Gold

Post by North » Fri May 24, 2013 6:43 pm

OP take your life experience and do something, anything else with your life.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sat May 25, 2013 12:14 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dw3

New

Post by dw3 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:38 am

sublime12089 wrote: Noone I know has even considered going to Coastal. Take that for what you will.
I'll take it as meaning that its TTTT. And that's how it should be taken.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Sat May 25, 2013 7:25 am

bananapeanutbutter wrote: Can the school actually close before current students have finished? That would seem to be grounds for getting refunded their prior years, wouldn't it? They are paying to earn that school's JD, not just for the courses.
I don't know about refunds from the school itself, but if you borrowed money to go to a school and that school closes before the completion of your degree AND you never ever finish the degree at another school, you don't have to pay it back. At least not for federal loans.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sat May 25, 2013 8:39 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat May 25, 2013 9:56 am

i feel bad for OP :cry:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BeautifulSW

Silver

Post by BeautifulSW » Sat May 25, 2013 10:08 am

Charleston is a fascinating city. I wouldn't mind spending three years there. But waiting tables or preparing tax returns. Not going to Charleston Law unless it were free. According to a close lawyer acquaintance of mine who practiced in South Carolina, the State University in Columbia is the place to go if you want to work in the Palmetto State.

Beautiful state flag but all the Stars and Bars fluttering over the city are a bit disconcerting, especially when you are in actual sight of Fort Sumter.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Sat May 25, 2013 5:33 pm

sublime12089 wrote:
minnbills wrote:There's a law school called Ave Maria? Jesus

I am from Florida and know someone who goes there. It a conservative catholic school for rich kids. I do think it is funny though that in 2000 they randomly moved from Ann Arbor to Naples.

Thinking about it, I also have a friend that graduated this month from Charlotte.

I just looked at their facebooks and it does not seem to be going well. I would not recommend any of these schools.

Also, fwiw I have lived a few hours away from coastal for like 22 years. I have (too) many friends in law school. Noone I know has even considered going to Coastal. Take that for what you will.
Haha this is the most anecdotal post I've ever seen. But your advice is sound.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Sun May 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

shaker2016

New

Post by shaker2016 » Sun May 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Not gonna reveal my sources, but one of these schools has free donuts from the grocery store in their student lounge (spare classroom) because nobody from the local area bought them the previous day. Quite the perk. Something to think about...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Sun May 26, 2013 6:19 pm

shaker2016 wrote:Not gonna reveal my sources, but one of these schools has free donuts from the grocery store in their student lounge (spare classroom) because nobody from the local area bought them the previous day. Quite the perk. Something to think about...
Depending on how many you can eat, this may make this a good decision. You're bound to spend 200k on food during your lifetime so if you just eat all donuts, and do all your lifetime eating in 3 years, this is a good call.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Sun May 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Last edited by Myself on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bananapeanutbutter

Bronze

Post by bananapeanutbutter » Sun May 26, 2013 6:21 pm

ajax adonis wrote:
shaker2016 wrote:Not gonna reveal my sources, but one of these schools has free donuts from the grocery store in their student lounge (spare classroom) because nobody from the local area bought them the previous day. Quite the perk. Something to think about...
35K/year alone can also buy you all the donuts you'll ever need for three years.
You're assuming OP can't eat over 35k of Donuts per year. If he can eat a few 1000 per day, he may be able to make this a good deal.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Sun May 26, 2013 6:34 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
Depending on how many you can eat, this may make this a good decision. You're bound to spend 200k on food during your lifetime so if you just eat all donuts, and do all your lifetime eating in 3 years, this is a good call.
Mental image of this

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Mon May 27, 2013 6:44 pm

bananapeanutbutter wrote:
Flaw: type 2 diabetes sets in after 2 months of the donut diet, your insulin costs and later hospital bills will vastly overcome all money saved via excessive free donut consumption

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Mon May 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Piling on to say that these are all awful.

shaker2016

New

Post by shaker2016 » Tue May 28, 2013 9:17 pm

Update: The leftover grocery store donuts are no longer being sent to the student lounge as of yesterday. They are now being donated to the rescue mission next to the law school in question. No longer something to think about... Not sure what this does to your decision.

Orange Dino

New

Post by Orange Dino » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:23 pm

shaker2016 wrote:Update: The leftover grocery store donuts are no longer being sent to the student lounge as of yesterday. They are now being donated to the rescue mission next to the law school in question. No longer something to think about... Not sure what this does to your decision.
On the bright side, now its probably feeding the graduates of the school

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”