Temple v. Rutgers-C ($$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Temple or Rutgers Camden

Temple
10%
Rutgers C
90%

Total votes: 10

chipshoote

New

Temple v. Rutgers-C ($$)

Post by chipshoote » Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Last edited by chipshoote on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: Temple v. Rutgers-C ($$)

Post by jbagelboy » Wed May 22, 2013 3:57 pm

chipshoote wrote:Any help here would be appreciated. Ideally I would like to work in the Philly market. I would leave Rutgers-C with around 40k in debt. Temple doesnt seem to be showing me the love and I dont think I'll get too much from them. Probably be paying OOS and leaving with around 130k in debt. What does TLS advise?

Also, can someone around the area tell me what the differences in job prospects are (if they are significant)?

Thanks everyone. The help is greatly appreciated.
Would not go to Temple loaning 130K. nearly 30% chance of underemployment with little hope of repaying that debt.

Rutgers is TCR here if you can't retake the LSAT (you should post your stats fyi). They place less prestigiously, but its a much less risky choice @ 40K and with better overall employment numbers. I imagine Philly is in the vicinity of schools where Camden would have some regional influence, but the jobs aren't going to be biglaw.. they will be small firms, local gov/PI gigs and shitlaw for the most part

paintbynumbers

New

Post by paintbynumbers » Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm

RU-C is in fact closer to many philly firms and the philly federal courthouse than any philly law school. Also, RU-C has a federal courthouse across the street which leads to many, many clerkship options for students. As for biglaw, not really a stepdown from any philly school, excluding upenn, but still not many get this, think like 8-12% maybe

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed May 22, 2013 5:49 pm

chipshoote wrote:Any help here would be appreciated. Ideally I would like to work in the Philly market. I would leave Rutgers-C with around 40k in debt. Temple doesnt seem to be showing me the love and I dont think I'll get too much from them. Probably be paying OOS and leaving with around 130k in debt. What does TLS advise?
Temple is NOT work $130k in debt (or any similar amount), so Rutgers-C would appear to be the lesser of two evils.
chipshoote wrote:Also, can someone around the area tell me what the differences in job prospects are (if they are significant)?
Per LST, Rutgers-C has better job prospects than Temple. There's about a 10% discrepancy between employment scores.

chipshoote

New

Post by chipshoote » Thu May 23, 2013 11:27 am

Last edited by chipshoote on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu May 23, 2013 12:17 pm

chipshoote wrote:I saw the numbers on LST, but I was more curious about the quality or types of jobs to expect from each.
Essentially the same. Don't believe because Temple costs more it can place you in jobs commensurate with the debt.

paintbynumbers

New

Post by paintbynumbers » Thu May 23, 2013 12:25 pm

chipshoote wrote:I saw the numbers on LST, but I was more curious about the quality or types of jobs to expect from each. thanks for the help guys... it is really appreciated.
Too similar for a 90K difference in debt. Both law schools can get any job that the other can, w/ the exception that Temple grads cant get the NJ clerkships if not from Jersey bc Jersey judges are soooo insular

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Thu May 23, 2013 3:47 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”