Phoenix Law Email Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cooldude87

Bronze

Phoenix Law Email

Post by cooldude87 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:34 pm

My name is Jillian Syme and I am an Admissions Counselor at Phoenix School of Law. We were reviewing your LSAC file and wanted to reach out to you and let you know that now is a great time to attend law school. If you have been thinking about your legal career prospects here are some quick facts about the legal profession.

The unemployment rate for lawyers was 1.4% in 2012 and the unemployment rate for all other legal occupations in 2012 was 2.7%, one of the lowest unemployment rates of all professions.
Lawyers were among the 15 highest paying professions in America in 2011 and 2012.
According to an article in Forbes Magazine, "Over a 40 year career, a lawyer will earn double the life time earnings of a person with only a bachelor's degree."

Phoenix School of Law has the leading career placement numbers in many measures of employment against similar law schools. We also offer a two year J.D. program for full-time students that save you time and money and we pride ourselves in graduating practice-ready lawyers who are ready to take on today's legal challenges.

To learn more about Phoenix School of Law, please visit http://www.phoenixlaw.edu/info1

If you have any questions please reply to this email or give a call at 602.682.6850. If you are interested in applying, please visit http://www.lsac.org.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Jillian

You think it would be bad if I replied with their LST report

Micdiddy

Gold

Re: Phoenix Law Email

Post by Micdiddy » Mon May 06, 2013 4:37 pm

cooldude87 wrote:My name is Jillian Syme and I am an Admissions Counselor at Phoenix School of Law. We were reviewing your LSAC file and wanted to reach out to you and let you know that now is a great time to attend law school. If you have been thinking about your legal career prospects here are some quick facts about the legal profession.

The unemployment rate for lawyers was 1.4% in 2012 and the unemployment rate for all other legal occupations in 2012 was 2.7%, one of the lowest unemployment rates of all professions.
Lawyers were among the 15 highest paying professions in America in 2011 and 2012.
According to an article in Forbes Magazine, "Over a 40 year career, a lawyer will earn double the life time earnings of a person with only a bachelor's degree."

Phoenix School of Law has the leading career placement numbers in many measures of employment against similar law schools. We also offer a two year J.D. program for full-time students that save you time and money and we pride ourselves in graduating practice-ready lawyers who are ready to take on today's legal challenges.

To learn more about Phoenix School of Law, please visit http://www.phoenixlaw.edu/info1

If you have any questions please reply to this email or give a call at 602.682.6850. If you are interested in applying, please visit http://www.lsac.org.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks,

Jillian

You think it would be bad if I replied with their LST report
Per bolded: I love it when these emails write like bad LR arguments.

cooldude87

Bronze

Post by cooldude87 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:41 pm

447 ppl enrolled for 1L last fall, holy shit

Meepo

New

Post by Meepo » Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm

how does Phoenix get its stats that is so different from LST?

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Mon May 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Meepo wrote:how does Phoenix get its stats that is so different from LST?
They aren't. Even with these terrible stats a school can be misleading without lying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Meepo

New

Post by Meepo » Mon May 06, 2013 4:56 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
They aren't. Even with these terrible stats a school can be misleading without lying.
do share how it's done?

nickb285

Silver

Post by nickb285 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Last edited by nickb285 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 pm

Meepo wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
do share how it's done?
See Nick b's post.

Also, the employment stats for all lawyers come from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And those numbers are accurate. Unfortunately half or more of Phoenix Law's grads will never be lawyers, so they will never count in those numbers. But hey, things are great for people who actually become lawyers!

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Mon May 06, 2013 5:11 pm

nickb285 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Per bolded: I love it when these emails write like bad LR arguments.
Yup. Especially since it turns out their "Top 10 competitors" are Appalachian, Barry, California Western, Golden Gate, Cooley, TJSL, Valpo, Western State, and Whittier. And they brag about having the #3 rate of FT/LT legal jobs in that group. They also brag about outperforming "select" schools with higher medians, and "selected" FIU, McGeorge, American, and Hofstra, among others. Well done Phoenix, well done indeed.
Don't forget "many" measures of employment. Is unemployment a "measure of employment.?" Or maybe "employed in short-term, part-time non jd jobs." :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Meepo

New

Post by Meepo » Mon May 06, 2013 5:21 pm

why picking on american? it is traditionally a tier 1 school until this year, almost went there myself

Micdiddy

Gold

Post by Micdiddy » Mon May 06, 2013 5:28 pm

Meepo wrote:why picking on american? it is traditionally a tier 1 school until this year, almost went there myself
More reason to pick on it?

boblawlob

Silver

Post by boblawlob » Mon May 06, 2013 5:37 pm

nickb285 wrote:
Micdiddy wrote:Per bolded: I love it when these emails write like bad LR arguments.
Yup. Especially since it turns out their "Top 10 competitors" are Appalachian, Barry, California Western, Golden Gate, Cooley, TJSL, Valpo, Western State, and Whittier. And they brag about having the #3 rate of FT/LT legal jobs in that group. They also brag about outperforming "select" schools with higher medians, and "selected" FIU, McGeorge, American, and Hofstra, among others. Well done Phoenix, well done indeed.
Phoenix Law outperforms McGeorge? Ouch...

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Mon May 06, 2013 5:42 pm

Meepo wrote:why picking on american? it is traditionally a tier 1 school until this year, almost went there myself
It has some of the worst job prospects for a "T1" school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Mon May 06, 2013 6:37 pm

As a lifelong AZ native, I briefly considered PSL ("I'll just transfer to ASU"). TLS literally saved me from a lifetime of financial ruin. Since then, I've successfully talked at least two friends out of attending that abortion. It ought not exist, and my joy will be full when it shuts down in the coming years.

jselson

Platinum

Post by jselson » Mon May 06, 2013 7:58 pm

ImNoScar wrote:
It has some of the worst job prospects for a law school.
FTFY

Meepo

New

Post by Meepo » Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 pm

buddytyler wrote:As a lifelong AZ native, I briefly considered PSL ("I'll just transfer to ASU"). TLS literally saved me from a lifetime of financial ruin. Since then, I've successfully talked at least two friends out of attending that abortion. It ought not exist, and my joy will be full when it shuts down in the coming years.
how hard is it to transfer out of a situation like that? typical tier 3/4 to a mid tier 1

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm

boblawlob wrote:
Phoenix Law outperforms McGeorge? Ouch...

+1

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Tue May 07, 2013 1:44 am

Last edited by Myself on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheNextAmendment

Bronze

Post by TheNextAmendment » Tue May 07, 2013 9:53 am

Meepo wrote:
buddytyler wrote:As a lifelong AZ native, I briefly considered PSL ("I'll just transfer to ASU"). TLS literally saved me from a lifetime of financial ruin. Since then, I've successfully talked at least two friends out of attending that abortion. It ought not exist, and my joy will be full when it shuts down in the coming years.
how hard is it to transfer out of a situation like that? typical tier 3/4 to a mid tier 1
The TLS transfer forum would suggest at least top 10%, if not top 5%.

buddyt

Silver

Post by buddyt » Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 am

TheNextAmendment wrote:
Meepo wrote:
The TLS transfer forum would suggest at least top 10%, if not top 5%.
This is infinitely harder than just retaking and getting a score that will get you into ASU; their median is only 163. Significant money can be had with only a few points more than that. I can't think of a single practical situation where attending PSL makes sense.

untar614

Silver

Post by untar614 » Tue May 07, 2013 2:33 pm

Oh look, more ridiculous ranks based on comparing themselves to the other worst law schools out there. Congratulations on being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

--------------

As a prospective law student, I am sure you are aware of the importance of securing a job once you graduate. Phoenix School of Law is an ABA accredited law school with our campus in the heart of downtown Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix School of Law has the leading career placement numbers in many measures of employment against similar law schools.

Below are just some of the categories that we are currently excelling in against our top 10 comparable schools*. We have the:

#1 Full-time, long-term employment - 65% of Phoenix School of Law graduates were employed full-time, long-term after 9 months of graduation compared to as little as 35% for some competitors.
#1 Bar pass required or JD advantaged employment - 83% of Phoenix School of Law graduates were employed in either bar pass required or JD advantaged employment including 61% in full-time, long-term employment. Competitors placed as few as 47% and 28% respectively.
#1 Bar pass required, JD advantaged or professional employment - 90% of Phoenix School of Law graduates were employed in either bar pass required, JD advantaged or other professional employment including 65% in full-time, long-term employment. Competitors placed as few as 55% and 34% respectively.
#1 law firm employment - 48% of Phoenix School of Law graduates were employed in law firms within 9 months of graduation compared to as little as 24% for some competitors.
#1 Lowest Unemployment rate - Only 6% of Phoenix School of Law graduates were unemployed after 9 months of graduation compared to up to 38% at some of our competitors.
To learn more about our successes in career placement please simply reply to this email or give me a call at 602.682.6813. In addition, you can find our analysis of our performance against our peer set at http://www.phoenixlaw.edu/info1/career.php

If you are interested in apply to Phoenix School of Law please visit http://www.lsac.org.

Thanks,

Nicole

Nicole Knowlton Thephasdin
Admissions Counselor
Phoenix School of Law
One North Central Ave
Phoenix, Arizona 85004
T 602.682.6813 F 602.682.6999
http://www.phoenixlaw.edu
nthephasdin@phoenixlaw.edu

*Top comparable schools based on the application overlap reports provided by the Law School Admission Counsel (LSAC). Top 10 comparable schools include: Appalachian, Barry, Cal Western, Golden Gate, New England, thomas cooley, Thomas Jefferson, Valparaiso, Western State, and Whittier.

*All other employment data comes from the ABA's publicly available employment statistics database for the Class of 2012 available here: employmentsummary.abaquestionnaire.org/.

For details about our school's on-time graduation rates, job placement rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, student tuition, other costs, and our annual security report, please visit --LinkRemoved--.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Tue May 07, 2013 3:29 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Tue May 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Regulus wrote:
untar614 wrote:Below are just some of the categories that we are currently excelling in against our top 10 comparable schools*.

*Top comparable schools based on the application overlap reports provided by the Law School Admission Counsel (LSAC). Top 10 comparable schools include: Appalachian, Barry, Cal Western, Golden Gate, New England, Thomas Cooley, Thomas Jefferson, Valparaiso, Western State, and Whittier.
Whoah Phoenix, you better be on the lookout for a defamation lawsuit brought against you by Cooley, because the 10 schools ranked most closely with them are definitely not you; Cooley's peer schools are clearly Harvard Law School, Georgetown University, New York University, University of Virginia, Columbia University, Northwestern University, University of Texas, George Washington University, Yale Law School, American University.
The true reason Cooley's rankings are TTT is that they rank American highly.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Tue May 07, 2013 4:09 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue May 07, 2013 4:23 pm

ImNoScar wrote: The true reason Cooley's rankings are TTT is that they rank American highly.
+1

would you say cooley has better placement than AU?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”