Deleted Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
kdb

New

Deleted

Post by kdb » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:08 pm

Thanks!
Last edited by kdb on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WokeUpInACar

Platinum

Re: Cornell vs. W&M vs. BU

Post by WokeUpInACar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:11 pm

If you won't retake, Cornell.

Nelson

Gold

Post by Nelson » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:19 pm

The answer is still retake. These options aren't a good fit for your goals.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Cornell at sticker is too much. You should still retake.

Lacepiece23

Silver

Post by Lacepiece23 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 pm

kdb wrote:Round two at deciding.... I think I'm mostly between Cornell and W&M - not sure getting into six-figure debt at BU is a great idea.

If I go to W&M, I'll be stressed about maintaining a high rank, making law review, etc., in order to stand out to prospective employers. BUT, I won't be stressed about financial debt.

If I go to Cornell, I'll be less stressed about my rank, etc. (although I plan to work my butt off wherever I go) since Cornell's reputation and resources will get my foot in many doors. BUT, I will be stressed about financial debt. As long as I get a firm job (hopefully during my 2L summer), I know I'll manage it. But there's still that slight chance of unemployment/low-paying employment options that scares the bejeezus out of me!

Some quick facts:
-I'm from Philadelphia and would like to eventually return to the region (although I'd be happy anywhere on the east coast the first few years after law school).
-Looking for biglaw immediately after law school to become financially stable and to see where that takes me.
-No undergrad debt, but minimal savings. I know how to live cheaply.

Thanks in advance for your impressions!
Cornell at 180 is not a bad option be ready to sell your soul to biglaw for a few years tho. Especially if your below median you probably won't being going home, and will have to end up in New York.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:26 am

ImNoScar wrote:Cornell at sticker is too much. You should still retake.
If that COA is with tuition increases and interest then that is nowhere near sticker.

Still, retake

somewhatwayward

Silver

Post by somewhatwayward » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:34 am

Lacepiece23 wrote:Cornell at 180 is not a bad option be ready to sell your soul to biglaw for a few years tho. Especially if your below median you probably won't being going home, and will have to end up in New York.
Don't imply that Cornell below median equals NYC big law. .. it may be the only thing that might happen but it is probably less than a 50 percent chance at that point. Also some below median T14 people do okay in secondary markets they have ties to (see the angry thread in legal employment about T14 kids encroaching in secondary markets).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”