Chicago Kent vs Case Western Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
EternalDebt

New

Chicago Kent vs Case Western

Post by EternalDebt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:31 pm

I have a 20k annual merit scholarship to both with no gpa requirement. I have an interest in both environmental and business law, but am unsure which school to choose. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated!

patrickd139

Gold

Re: Chicago Kent vs Case Western

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:40 pm

I think your username applies appropriately to the job prospects of both. You should retake and reapply to better schools that give you a decent shot at paying off your debt-load or go to those schools for free.

Greatest,Ever

New

Post by Greatest,Ever » Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:43 pm

Employment Scores (from LST):
Case: 44.2%
Kent: 56.4%

Where are you from and where would you like to live? Also, have you tried to play the scholarships off each other? I got Case to increase their scholarship from 23K to 35K.

EternalDebt

New

Post by EternalDebt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:44 pm

I live in Kentucky, but my current company has contracts in Ohio and Illinois. Living/working in either state certainly wouldn't hurt me in any way. I haven't tried to negotiate with either school as of yet. I tried with American but that proved to be an exercise in futility. Any recommendations on how to go about haggling with either school?

mephistopheles

Gold

Post by mephistopheles » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:11 pm

EternalDebt wrote:I live in Kentucky, but my current company has contracts in Ohio and Illinois. Living/working in either state certainly wouldn't hurt me in any way. I haven't tried to negotiate with either school as of yet. I tried with American but that proved to be an exercise in futility. Any recommendations on how to go about haggling with either school?

yeah, withdraw the applications. it's like keeping hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:29 pm

mephistopheles wrote:
EternalDebt wrote:I live in Kentucky, but my current company has contracts in Ohio and Illinois. Living/working in either state certainly wouldn't hurt me in any way. I haven't tried to negotiate with either school as of yet. I tried with American but that proved to be an exercise in futility. Any recommendations on how to go about haggling with either school?

yeah, withdraw the applications. it's like keeping hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Au contraire, mon frere. It's actually keeping hundreds of thousands of dollars.

EternalDebt

New

Post by EternalDebt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:38 pm

*sigh* There is no need to be snide, I came here seeking "advice". I know these schools aren't top 25 but they're my current options.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm

EternalDebt wrote:*sigh* There is no need to be snide, I came here seeking "advice". I know these schools aren't top 25 but they're my current options.
Not going because these schools are horrible financial decisions is always an option

EternalDebt

New

Post by EternalDebt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:50 pm

After looking at law school transparency and U.S. News, neither appear to be horrible options. Its not as though I'm considering Appalachian State or Quinnipiac. A 20k annual scholarship to Kent or Case combined with my F.A. wouldn't even put me over the 100k mark.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:14 pm

EternalDebt wrote:After looking at law school transparency and U.S. News, neither appear to be horrible options. Its not as though I'm considering Appalachian State or Quinnipiac. A 20k annual scholarship to Kent or Case combined with my F.A. wouldn't even put me over the 100k mark.
What starting salary do you realistically expect to have out of either of these schools? Serious question.

Related serious question: where do you see yourself graduating in the class rankings of either of these schools?

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:16 pm

Last edited by rad lulz on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:17 pm

rad lulz wrote:
EternalDebt wrote:After looking at law school transparency and U.S. News, neither appear to be horrible options.
Then you must be illiterate
:lol:

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Don't go.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”