GSU Law Dean's Scholar/GRA...? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
chelle26

New

GSU Law Dean's Scholar/GRA...?

Post by chelle26 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me out because the letter I got from GSU is useless and their website is barren. I received a letter stating that I am a Dean's Scholar and will receive 6k for my first year of law school and a Graduate Research Assistantship position which entitles me to a 2k stipend and full tuition waiver in my 2nd and 3rd year. Does this mean I would have to work as a GRA for all four semesters of my 2L and 3L year in order to receive the full tuition waiver? It states that "Renewal of this scholarship offer is contingent upon you remaining in continuous academic standing," meaning what exactly? I've called the admissions office but I haven't heard back from them.

On a second note - once the above is clarified - would this scholarship make GSU a better option for me than UGA because it would minimize my costs? I received 3k a year from UGA, bringing its tuition down to 15k a year. I also know very little about GRA positions. Anyone who's ever had one - is it likely to compromise the time I need to study/earn high grades? Does it look good on your resume or have any effect - pos or neg- on your overall performance?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”