Big Four or Bust? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
flat-fifth

New

Big Four or Bust?

Post by flat-fifth » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:21 pm

I'm looking to find a place in California BigLaw, specifically for the many training opportunities that exist. It may sound like a novel idea, but I want to be a great lawyer. I want to attend law school in the state, which points me to Stanford, Berkeley, USC, and UCLA. Is there any hope for CA BigLaw below the top 20?

peeonyou

New

Re: Big Four or Bust?

Post by peeonyou » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:28 pm

flat-fifth wrote:I'm looking to find a place in California BigLaw, specifically for the many training opportunities that exist. It may sound like a novel idea, but I want to be a great lawyer. I want to attend law school in the state, which points me to Stanford, Berkeley, USC, and UCLA. Is there any hope for CA BigLaw below the top 20?
I'm sure top at Loyola gets it, but it's too much of a long shot to bet on.

stuckinthemiddle

Bronze

Post by stuckinthemiddle » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 pm

I wouldn't feel comfortable with my chances at a lower-ranked school. Heck, I wouldn't even feel comfortable with UCLA/USC.

RodneyRuxin

Bronze

Post by RodneyRuxin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:37 pm

stuckinthemiddle wrote:I wouldn't feel comfortable with my chances at a lower-ranked school. Heck, I wouldn't even feel comfortable with UCLA/USC.
My LSAT instructor was an unemployed UCLA grad..moved to a smaller market just for the opportunity to find work(no job secured)--and he was top half.

flat-fifth

New

Post by flat-fifth » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 pm

RodneyRuxin wrote:
stuckinthemiddle wrote:I wouldn't feel comfortable with my chances at a lower-ranked school. Heck, I wouldn't even feel comfortable with UCLA/USC.
My LSAT instructor was an unemployed UCLA grad..moved to a smaller market just for the opportunity to find work(no job secured)--and he was top half.
OMG... Something in me just died.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”