Minn or WM or UST Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
grahamkellis

New

Minn or WM or UST

Post by grahamkellis » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:59 pm

I got into:
Waitlist to UMN (probably resulting in a denial)
William Mitchell with 70% tuition paid no stips
St. Thomas with $25,000 no stips

Right now I'm thinking William Mitchell or St. Thomas
I've been leaning towards WM because of their alumni network and the scholarship is better, but I have heard that UST is on the rise and because of their undergrad school, they actually have a surprisingly large network. Wondering if anyone knew the market well or these schools at all.

Also, if I were to be denied to UMN, is it worth applying for transfer after my first year (of course only if I have stellar grades.. top 15% at least)?
My LSAT was a 163, this is low for UMN but are transfer standards significantly lower?

Sorry that was all jumbled I'm jacked on caffeine right now.

Thanks for any help.

[EDIT] Do not worry about my finances, I will worry about my finances. Aside from going at sticker, I am very fortunate to be able to handle my situation.
Last edited by grahamkellis on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North

Gold

Re: Minn or WM or UST

Post by North » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:10 pm

So your options are $128,598.00 for a 39% chance at becoming a lawyer out of William Mitchell (discounts included) and $186,555.00 for a 38% of becoming a lawyer out of St. Thomas (discounts included)?

I think you can guess what the answer is here, dude. Sorry.

grahamkellis

New

Post by grahamkellis » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:37 pm

North wrote:So your options are $128,598.00 for a 39% chance at becoming a lawyer out of William Mitchell (discounts included) and $186,555.00 for a 38% of becoming a lawyer out of St. Thomas (discounts included)?

Hmm well you seem to do a pretty poor job of both reading and answering my question. I've been on here enough to understand what to expect. I'm asking people who have experience in the Twin Cities market which is my better option. I could look up the stats/do the math on my own if that's what I wanted/needed.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:40 pm

grahamkellis wrote:
North wrote:So your options are $128,598.00 for a 39% chance at becoming a lawyer out of William Mitchell (discounts included) and $186,555.00 for a 38% of becoming a lawyer out of St. Thomas (discounts included)?

Hmm well you seem to do a pretty poor job of both reading and answering my question. I've been on here enough to understand what to expect. I'm asking people who have experience in the Twin Cities market which is my better option. I could look up the stats/do the math on my own if that's what I wanted/needed.
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=146346

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”