Indiana Tech Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
I.P. Daly

Silver

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Post by I.P. Daly » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:35 pm

Wane (LinkRemoved) wrote:On Wednesday, December 5, Indiana Tech announced a major anonymous donation to its new law school, which will welcome its first class in August 2013.

The donor, who wishes to remain anonymous, donated a significant library collection that had been acquired from a law school that was unable to attain ABA accreditation.

“There are so many books that they are currently being stored in eight tractor-trailers, and the microfiche collection has been stored in a large climate-controlled storage area,” Alexander said. “Everything is in very good condition.”

Phebe Poydras, the law school’s associate dean for library affairs, believes the donation is a major step for the law school. “This gift is wonderful, and it helps us get a significant start on building our library collection. We are very appreciative.”

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Bet that donor couldn't do shit else with those law books. And microfiche, wtf. Do you guys look up old deeds in your Property course?

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:07 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Bet that donor couldn't do shit else with those law books. And microfiche, wtf. Do you guys look up old deeds in your Property course?
Physical library collections are almost exclusively for aesthetic purposes nowadays, at least as it pertains to research.

The only legitimate use I can think of is historical research.

Paul Campos

Silver

Post by Paul Campos » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:18 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Bet that donor couldn't do shit else with those law books. And microfiche, wtf. Do you guys look up old deeds in your Property course?

Estimated value of the collection can be deducted after donating it to a "non-profit."

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:21 pm

Paul Campos wrote:

Estimated value of the collection can be deducted after donating it to a "non-profit."
I see what you did there

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Harry Potter

New

Post by Harry Potter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 pm

Steve2207 wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:Bump to see how the admissions cycle is going
I don’t know of anyone on here who has applied, but I am thinking they met their mark of 100 students.
You can be the next Harvey if you work hard.

Steve2207

Bronze

Post by Steve2207 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 pm

Harry Potter wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:
WanderingPondering wrote:Bump to see how the admissions cycle is going
I don’t know of anyone on here who has applied, but I am thinking they met their mark of 100 students.
You can be the next Harvey if you work hard.
Are you trying to poke fun at me? (For the record I DID NOT apply to this school either)

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Haha! guess who I just got an email from:
These are interesting times in which to be applying to law school and an exciting time to be a part of Indiana Tech Law School! We are bringing legal educators from all over the country to Fort Wayne because they want to be a part of the exceptional learning that will take place here. We believe our students will have more hands-on practice experience than the graduates at almost any other school in the country and that the cutting-edge curriculum we have designed addresses many of the issues facing legal education today.

We are aware, as you likely are as well, that law school applications have declined this year. We also know that the members of our Charter Class will be a part of something that few students can claim. As a member of the Charter Class, you will help build and shape our law school and leave your mark on something we believe will be “great.” We want to make the decision to attend Indiana Tech Law School easier for you so we are pleased to announce that, if you apply and are admitted to the Law School, you will be eligible for a merit-based scholarship in the amount of Eighteen Thousand ($18,000.00) Dollars. The scholarship will be renewable for your second and third years, provided that you earn a 3.0 GPA by the end of each preceding academic year. Tuition and fees for the 2013-2014 school year are $30,360.00. Further, if you wish to join us and have received an offer from another! institution that allows you to attend law school for a lower cost of tuition and fees than you will incur at Indiana Tech, we will endeavor to meet or beat that scholarship offer.

For a waiver of our application fee or for more information about our program, please contact our admissions office via email or phone at 1-855-TECH.LAW. For additional information about ABA accreditation, please view page 18 of our viewbook. Indiana Tech Law School is a private, not-for-profit law school affiliated with Indiana Institute of Technology and located on the main campus of the university in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

We look forward to reviewing your application!

Best,

Arthur E. Snyder
President
Indiana Institute of Technology

Peter C. Alexander
Founding Dean and Professor of Law
Indiana Tech Law School

paranoia4ya

New

Post by paranoia4ya » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:16 pm

I got this too..:)
I wonder what their OCI is going to look like..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 pm

paranoia4ya wrote:I got this too..:)
Worse than 3LOL OCI at Cooley.

anticule

New

Post by anticule » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:22 pm

i've gone complete 3/12

anyone else excited?

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:39 pm

anticule wrote:i've gone complete 3/12

anyone else excited?
I am very excited to see more lawyers in the job market.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:54 am

The writing in that e-mail is terrible.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

howell

Silver

Post by howell » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:47 pm

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 pm

howell wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Nicely done.

sanjola

Bronze

Post by sanjola » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:51 am

I nominate this thread for "Best Thread of 2012-2013 Cycle". :lol: :lol: :lol:

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:56 am

There's just no way that this school isn't doomed.

I almost feel bad for them. Almost.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

J-e-L-L-o

Bronze

Post by J-e-L-L-o » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:59 am

howell wrote:
BAWSE

HarlandBassett

Bronze

Post by HarlandBassett » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 pm

"The brakes on the law school money train have been bled. The only way to stop it is a catastrophic derailment."

RAWR

Bronze

Post by RAWR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Forgive me, but bumping to see if anyone is going to this school.

Gunnar Stahl

Silver

Post by Gunnar Stahl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

RAWR wrote:Forgive me, but bumping to see if anyone is going to this school.
if there are people going to this shithole, they probably aren't on tls.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:12 pm

Ghost93 wrote:
tbf, if you got a full ride, live in Fort Wayne, want to solo in Fort Wayne, have a house and three kids in Fort Wayne and are ok with teaching yourself all you need to pass the Indiana bar, then this law school would make sense.

This is why I just wish they'd change the rules to make law school discretionary. Maybe someone really does just want to solo. In that case, it'd make a hell of a lot more sense to just apprentice at a small law firm and study for the bar on your own dime. There's nothing most law schools, let alone Indiana Tech, can teach you that you can't teach yourself. You'd probably be much better off after 3 years of apprenticeship anyway.

I really reject the notion that law school teaches indispensable knowledge. Like what? "ethics?" lulz

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:26 pm

danquayle wrote:
Ghost93 wrote:
tbf, if you got a full ride, live in Fort Wayne, want to solo in Fort Wayne, have a house and three kids in Fort Wayne and are ok with teaching yourself all you need to pass the Indiana bar, then this law school would make sense.

This is why I just wish they'd change the rules to make law school discretionary. Maybe someone really does just want to solo. In that case, it'd make a hell of a lot more sense to just apprentice at a small law firm and study for the bar on your own dime. There's nothing most law schools, let alone Indiana Tech, can teach you that you can't teach yourself. You'd probably be much better off after 3 years of apprenticeship anyway.

I really reject the notion that law school teaches indispensable knowledge. Like what? "ethics?" lulz
Ethics is probably the biggest joke of any law school class. These professors and deans were law students once too. Maybe they're trollin hard.

RAWR

Bronze

Post by RAWR » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:27 pm

danquayle wrote:
Ghost93 wrote:

That's a whole lotta ifs, yo.
But I mean.... I guess.

Gunnar Stahl

Silver

Post by Gunnar Stahl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:32 pm

danquayle wrote:
Ghost93 wrote: if there are people going to this shithole, they probably aren't on tls.
Sure, except that is all very specific criteria that I'm sure most people looking to go there don't meet.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”