Indiana Tech Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
HarlandBassett

Bronze

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Post by HarlandBassett » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:11 pm

cinephile wrote:
timbs4339 wrote:
nsideirish wrote:Boomer pieces of shit like this should be thrown in jail. They are fucking criminals. It is disgusting that they will make their 250k+ salary while they knowingly entice students into 6 figures of debt with minimal (at best) employment prospects and expand the educational bubble in this country that is bound to burst soon. Fuck him.
You're not seeing the big picture. He knows what is best for you, the students, and the legal profession. And what we really need when there are 45,000 JDs and 25,000 total jobs is to bundle a bunch of classes that every law school offers together and note that on your diploma. And then you take the mandatory ethics class in your first year instead of 2L or 3L. And to take a whole 30 HOURS of pro bono work, because you really get to know a practice area spending 3 hours per week at local Legal Aid with your entire class.

Seriously, this would be fine if they charged 10K per year. gave you 10k a year on top of your living stipend and free tuition.

ftfy
instead of a reduced application fee (LOL!!!!), this TTTT should offer free tuition to its inaugural class, just as UC Irvine did.

http://abovethelaw.com/2012/08/law-scho ... er-school/

http://abovethelaw.com/2009/04/uc-irvin ... ve-status/

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:57 pm

lol @ that "feasability study".

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:07 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:lol @ that "feasability study".
This! I thought I was one of the only posters that read it. It's terrible and is seriously lacking in the area of logic.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
ChampagnePapi wrote:lol @ that "feasability study".
This! I thought I was one of the only posters that read it. It's terrible and is seriously lacking in the area of logic.
You can be sure that a panel of silver-haired bureaucrats were paid six figure salaries out of the school's endowment to come up with that load of manure.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:29 pm

pogden297 wrote:Please stop calling it, my alma mater, the IUPUI law school. It's the IU School of Law at Indianapolis. Purdue has nothing to do with the law school.

I have never heard anyone in the Indiana legal professiona say that the Monroe County Law School (IU-Bloomington) is a better law school than IU-Indianapolis. You have a lot more work opportunities going to school in Indianapolis and that work experience makes for better lawyers. I don't know why IU-B is rated ahead of IU-I but I assure you that that's not the commone perception.

The Indiana State Bar Association should be fighting tooth and nail against Indiana Tech. They're ripping those students off.
IU-Indy is located on IUPUI's campus. The law degree comes from the Indiana University system, yes... making it like it every-single-other-program located on IUPUI's campus in that the degree you get comes from either Indiana or Purdue.

Plus http://www.iupui.edu/degrees/110/law/

So it's fair to call it IUPUI Law, because its certainly not what someone will think when you say the IU school of law. It'd probably actually help your brand if it were Purdue Law.
Last edited by danquayle on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:47 pm

danquayle wrote:
pogden297 wrote:Please stop calling it, my alma mater, the IUPUI law school. It's the IU School of Law at Indianapolis. Purdue has nothing to do with the law school.

I have never heard anyone in the Indiana legal professiona say that the Monroe County Law School (IU-Bloomington) is a better law school than IU-Indianapolis. You have a lot more work opportunities going to school in Indianapolis and that work experience makes for better lawyers. I don't know why IU-B is rated ahead of IU-I but I assure you that that's not the commone perception.

The Indiana State Bar Association should be fighting tooth and nail against Indiana Tech. They're ripping those students off.
IU-Indy is located on IUPUI's campus. The law degree comes from the Indiana University system, yes... making it like it every-single-other-program located on IUPUI's campus in that the degree you get comes from either Indiana or Purdue.

So it's fair to call it IUPUI Law, Because its certainly not what someone will think when you say the IU school of law. It'd probably actually help your brand if it were Purdue Law.
Still, nobody calls it IUPUI.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
danquayle wrote:

So it's fair to call it IUPUI Law, Because its certainly not what someone will think when you say the IU school of law. It'd probably actually help your brand if it were Purdue Law.
True. IU-Indy seems particularly protective of its status as Indiana, which I never quite understood. Plenty of people consider Purdue the stronger institutional brand anyway.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:50 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
danquayle wrote:

IUYPUIY

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:53 pm

danquayle wrote:

Yeah, it's kind of the whole point of IUPUI. That said, IME people IRL call it IU McKinney or just IU if it's obvious they are in Indy. There doesn't seem to be a prestige gap either, at least in Indy, which is the only place it would matter.

ETA: scooped

Purdue is not a stronger brand than IU. Each are roughly equal overall and dominant in their respective fields of strength. I doubt Purdue will ever have a law school or a med school. They're even building a med campus in Lafayette, but it's still IU-Lafayette, not Purdue.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:59 pm

IU controls the entire health industry in the state. They have a med campus in South Bend right across the street from our campus, in a building designed in our architectural style, that is still IU-South Bend.

I agree that if you're in Indy, nobody cares if you go to law school in Bloomington or Indy.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:03 pm

And despite all of this negative publicity, Indiana TTTech is still going to find 100 suckers to fill its class. I don't know how this dude can sleep at night.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:04 pm

beachbum wrote:And despite all of this negative publicity, Indiana TTTech is still going to find 100 suckers to fill its class. I don't know how this dude can sleep at night.
On a feathery soft bed stuffed with hundred dollars bills.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Sellin' crack to the kids. "I gotta get paid,"
Well hey, well that's the way it is.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:07 pm

chimp wrote:Sellin' crack to the kids. "I gotta get paid,"
And we all know that ended.

Golden Bear 11

Bronze

Post by Golden Bear 11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:18 pm

I wonder if the dean is going to respond to Campos' response...

WanderingPondering

Bronze

Post by WanderingPondering » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:25 pm

So earlier I mentioned that I emailed the Dean asking him if he would come back and answer questions. I think he wanted me to share his response with the rest of TLS.

Mr. Sxxxxxxx,

Thank you for the invitation to respond to questions on the TLS site. When I logged on the other evening, it was to clear up misconceptions that people had about our school and because the discussion was civil and respectful. When I logged on today to try and address the questions as you suggested, I read the thread. The tone has changed; I would describe it as venomous and uncivil. Sadly, we are not that kind of law school and I am not that kind of attorney so I won’t be posting to the thread any longer.

If you or any of your colleagues has a question about our program and the truth about our tuition (which does not include merit-based scholarships, which we have), or any other issue, I renew my invitation to all of you to email me at this address.

Best wishes to you as you make the very difficult decision about where to attend law school.

Yours truly,

Peter Alexander

Peter C. Alexander
Dean and Professor of Law

HuskyHopeful

New

Post by HuskyHopeful » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:35 pm

Does anyone find it ironic that this institution stresses an ethical education when they are charging 90k for a peice of paper from a school nobody has heard of? Perhaps the faculty needs some education in ethical practices.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:41 pm

danquayle wrote:
chimp wrote:Sellin' crack to the kids. "I gotta get paid,"
And we all know that ended.
how? with crack being sold to the kids?

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:26 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:So earlier I mentioned that I emailed the Dean asking him if he would come back and answer questions. I think he wanted me to share his response with the rest of TLS.

Mr. Sxxxxxxx,

Thank you for the invitation to respond to questions on the TLS site. When I logged on the other evening, it was to clear up misconceptions that people had about our school and because the discussion was civil and respectful. When I logged on today to try and address the questions as you suggested, I read the thread. The tone has changed; I would describe it as venomous and uncivil. Sadly, we are not that kind of law school and I am not that kind of attorney so I won’t be posting to the thread any longer.

If you or any of your colleagues has a question about our program and the truth about our tuition (which does not include merit-based scholarships, which we have), or any other issue, I renew my invitation to all of you to email me at this address.

Best wishes to you as you make the very difficult decision about where to attend law school.

Yours truly,

Peter Alexander

Peter C. Alexander

Coward. He wants to demean us for our tone but we arent stealing money from unsuspecting kids. I will happily admit to being venomous and uncivil to him for the disaster he is creating.

North

Gold

Post by North » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:So earlier I mentioned that I emailed the Dean asking him if he would come back and answer questions. I think he wanted me to share his response with the rest of TLS.

Mr. Sxxxxxxx,

Yours truly,

Peter Alexander

Peter C. Alexander
This guy has really likes to address the tenor of arguments made against him instead of the actual content of those arguments. It's like he can't even hear them.

Let's email him with direct, clear, vitriol-free questions that get to the core of our problems with this TTTT and post his answers here like WanderingPondering did.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Gosh. I would think it would be a waste of time and unprofessional to engage people like this in conversation, but then again, it's not like anything else is going to stop them from committing outright fraud. This guy deserves every nasty e-mail he's going to get. If the ABA isn't going to censure hucksters like this, the least we can do is subject them to a bit of public shaming.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:45 pm

North wrote:This guy has really likes to address the tenor of arguments made against him instead of the actual content of those arguments. It's like he can't even hear them.
It is truly absurd. He starts a law school in the midst of the worst legal recession in history, pays himself and his fellow faculty members a healthy salary on the backs of law students who will take out significant amounts of debt to wind up with a worthless degree and no job. He gets called on it, and slinks off into the night hurling accusations of "vitriol." What a clown.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:46 pm

The feasibility study really is just page after page of comedy gold. At least thank the Dean for that.

paradox

New

Post by paradox » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:13 pm

If anyone e-mails questions to Dean Alexander then please ask him why he believes Indiana Teck Law will receive ABA accreditation when start up Lincoln Memorial University School of Law was denied provisional ABA accreditation just 10 months ago.

There are other similarities between Teck Law and Lincoln Memorial Law.

Lincoln Memorial and Indiana Teck appear to have similar size endowments. [To its credit Lincoln Memorial has an accrediated medical school which Teck does not.]

Both Teck Law and Lincoln Memorial University School of Law boast that they offer "concentrations" in their curriculum as if you cannot load up on electives at other law schools.

Both Teck Law and Lincoln Memorial University Law claim to serve geographic areas which are undeserved for legal services.

Both Teck Law and Lincoln Memorial University Law claim to offer a curriculum which features "professional responsibility" and ethics as if other law schools do not offer courses in professional responsibility required for bar exams.

It would be interesting to have Mr. Alexander explain why Indiana Teck Law will obtain provisional accrediation when seemingly similar start up Linciln Memorial University School of Law was denied accrediation by the ABA.

Samara

Gold

Post by Samara » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Indiana Tech

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”